Can't grant tasks permission to DAVx⁵ on my Xperia 5 II

• Phone model: Xperia 5 II (XQ-AS72)
    DAVx⁵: 3.3.7-ose
    Tasks (org.tasks): installed, 10.4.1

Seems can’t grant tasks permission to DAVx⁵. The switch does not work on my phone. It bounces back after switched on:
    0.png

There is no related permissions in “App Settings - Permissions”:
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Logcat only shows:

ActivityTaskManager: START u0 {act=android.content.pm.action.REQUEST_PERMISSION1 pkg=com.sonymobile.cta cmp=com.sonymobile.cta/.ui.GrantPermissionsActivity (has extras)} from uid 10268

It seems like “com.sonymobile.cta” (App access management) handles app permission and it disallows all third-party permissions. So I have to do this under ADB to grant tasks permission:

adb -d shell pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.dmfs.permission.READ_TASKS
    adb -d shell pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.dmfs.permission.WRITE_TASKS
    adb -d shell pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.tasks.permission.READ_TASKS
    adb -d shell pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.tasks.permission.WRITE_TASKS

Is there any fix for this? If not, I think adding hint text would help users like me a lot. Thanks!

• developer

@shunf4 said in Can't grant tasks permission to DAVx⁵ on my Xperia 5 II:

Is there any fix for this? If not, I think adding hint text would help users like me a lot. Thanks!

Hi,

Sometimes the system’s permission management gets confused. Does it work when you

1. uninstall both DAVx5 and Tasks,
    2. install Tasks,
    3. install DAVx5 again?

• Sometimes the system’s permission management gets confused. Does it work when you

1. uninstall both DAVx5 and Tasks,
    2. install Tasks,
    3. install DAVx5 again?

Unfortunately no.

• developer

@shunf4 Then I don’t have a solution for that. Maybe Sony has one?

• admin

@shunf4 If you don’t mind you can try to wipe the device and reset it to defaults. Maybe that helps - if not then Sony has introduced a serious problem into their Android.

What I remember from some support tickets: sometimes I have heard that it started to work users install the second tasks app as well. Then suddenly it starts to work also for the first one. Or did you try that already?