Sync interval settings ignored

• Hi
    I set manually sync Contacts only, sync Calendar and Task every 240+immediately on local changes but in the Blokada app I see that Davx is sometimes syncing with the dav server almost every half an hour .

I don’t see why davx5 is syncing so often and probably draining battery and network data.

best regards

• developer

Hi,

1. What is Blokada?
    2. Probably because of local changes. You can enable verbose logs in DAVx5 and see everything it does.

• @rfc2822 FYI, Blockada is an ad-blocker for Android which acts as a local VPN and allows to block advertisings etc.

• thanks for your replies. I even set everything to manually sync only but there is no improvement.

Yes Blokada is an Android app but the issue also manifests on the nginx logs…

@rfc2822 : what do you mean by local changes? I use the offical version and SimpleCalendar for Calendar, Open Tasks for tasks and the stock Contacts app…

One possible issue i found was that I only had an Account for addressbook sync (only sync item: “Contacts”) in Settings>Account for Davx5 and now, after going back and forth between this and davx5 app I have another davx account with three sync items: “Address books”, “Calendar”, and “Tasks”.

I remember that Davx created two accounts but it seems that the second one includes all sync items…

• developer

@skulk said in Sync interval settings ignored:

@rfc2822 : what do you mean by local changes? I use the offical version and SimpleCalendar for Calendar, Open Tasks for tasks and the stock Contacts app…

I mean that when a contact, event or task is changed locally, it will sync.

Or is it possible that one of your apps starts synchronization, for instance Simplecalendar always when you open it?

• @rfc2822 hm yes indeed, at least according to Privacy Guard, Whatsapp and Telegram are constantly accessing and/or modifying the contacts (read contacts ~8.5k, modify ~2.8k). Effectively contacts remain the same, so I assumed this was normal behavior.