thanks for the assurance that this should work. After lots of trying around, i found the solution:
It seems that some strange legacy data is retained in the Contact-Storage and Calendar-Storage SQLite-DBs even after unsyncing/removing the DavDroid account. I only saw contacts with no names or strange hashes as names in there. I emptied the DBs manually, tried adding davdroid again, and it worked. To find a more user-friendly solution, i then restored my backup of the broken state and solved the problem simply by:
- Unsync and remove DavDroid Account
- Go into Settings, Apps, All,
- Scroll until you see: Contacts, Contact Storage, Calendar, Calendar Storage
- For each, click, Force-Stop, Clear Data
- Re-Add DavDroid account
Then, after the new initial sync, everything was back to normal. Contacts didn’t have their old additional numbers that should’ve been deleted, and editing contacts works again.
Thanks for your support. This really isn’t a DavDroid bug after all ;). But i hope this helps future users to solve this problem if they run into it.
Also, Thanks for your great work!