Transfer account info to a new device

• Hi,

I am just setting up a new phone. I had to reinstall F-Droid and then DAVx manually, which I guess is the way it is. I then continued to reenter the account info of my DAVx sync accounts.

However, this is a bit of a pain. I do not remember the details of the servers that I had entered on the old phone. I could not find an option to either

• transfer accounts
    • obtain the full server and user info on the old DAVx instance in order to copy manually

I could not find info on the forum either. I have recently updated DAVx from F-Droid. Android 8 (old) and 10 (new).
    Is there an option I overlooked? A workaround?
    Some option to copy accounts would greatly improve the user experience when migrating. Even without passwords if that’s required for security.

Thanks for any help!

Nils

• @nilsbecker said in Transfer account info to a new device:

However, this is a bit of a pain. I do not remember the details of the servers that I had entered on the old phone. I could not find an option to either

The app cannot solve this problem for you. If you haven’t stored your credentials in a save place. Reset the account details or create a new new one for DAVx5.

• @j-ed thanks for your reply – I don’t want to get secret information from the app, but the server name, subdirectory and user name would be quite helpful to see. note that i also need access to the old davx instance to see all that, so i’m authenticated at least on the old phone.

n.

• You can select the 3-dots menu behind an address book or calendar to get the url to that resource displayed. Usually it contains the server name and user. If you e.g. use a Nextcloud server it is sufficient to to access an account, because all available resources are then automaticall being displayed and can be selected.

• @j-ed thanks i’ll try that. in fact it’s a nextcloud server. it ends in /remote.php/dav/calendars/<user> . do i have to enter that full path for the server or just the base url of the server?

• developer

And please have a look here, too: https://www.davx5.com/tested-with/nextcloud 🙂

• ah ok that makes it a lot easier. actually that’s the information i was looking for, but in the wrong place. everything is working fine now, thanks a lot for the help