Deleting 1 of many numbers from a contact doesn't reach DavDroid

• Hi,

i'm using DavDroid with Radicale and together with Thunderbird. One of my contacts has 3 mobile numbers entered ... mainly because i'm, uhm, was too lazy to update them ;). Anyways, i decided to delete one of the obsolete numbers, did so on thunderbird and synced. The vcf file on the radicale server changed accordingly and offers only one number. Syncing on DavDroid, even manually, does not propagate this change to the phone.

I tried to have a look at the sync code of DavDroid, but i fear i'm a little lost there. It'd be great if anybody could have a look at the issue.

Thanks for your great tool!

• Dario Ernst

• developer

Just tried it out and everything works for me. Please check again and give detailed steps to reproduce, including server and DAVdroid version. If possible, please edit the vcf on the server directly so there will be no need for Thunderbird. If the issue persists, please also attach logcat output.

• Hi,

trying to reproduce this in a clean environment (android emulator + new radicale account + new TB profile) i also couldn't reproduce the problem. It seems i've somehow run into a much more naughty problem, as even the Contacts-app force-closes when i try to edit the contact in question (on the non-testbed setup). While i know that this isn't directly DavDroid related, i think that maybe you have an idea how this comes to happen. After all, DavDroid somehow threw the data causing Contacts to crash into its database somehow ;). This my LogCat output of the situation:

om.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity (has extras)} from pid 16904
    I/Choreographer(16904): Skipped 30 frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.
    I/ActivityManager( 2196): Displayed com.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity: +137ms
    I/ContactLoader(16904): Registering content observer for content://com.android.contacts/contacts/lookup/2249i34c2a7278bedd21d.2542eC5E444C6-0460-0001-46E8-E0C0B29114B9..vcf/16
    V/ContactEditorFragment(16904): Time needed for loading: 467
    D/AndroidRuntime(16904): Shutting down VM
    W/dalvikvm(16904): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41a1d7c0)
    W/XPrivacy/XApplication(16904): Uncaught exception uid=10001: java.lang.NullPointerException
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): java.lang.NullPointerException
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$EntityDeltaComparator.compare(ContactEditorFragment.java:1445)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$EntityDeltaComparator.compare(ContactEditorFragment.java:1402)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.util.TimSort.countRunAndMakeAscending(TimSort.java:320)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:185)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:169)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:2038)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:1891)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditors(ContactEditorFragment.java:791)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.bindEditorsForExistingContact(ContactEditorFragment.java:608)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment.setData(ContactEditorFragment.java:564)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$4.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:1842)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.editor.ContactEditorFragment$4.onLoadFinished(ContactEditorFragment.java:1821)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoadFinished(LoaderManager.java:483)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadComplete(LoaderManager.java:451)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java:144)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.model.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:854)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.contacts.model.ContactLoader.deliverResult(ContactLoader.java:74)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComplete(AsyncTaskLoader.java:256)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExecute(AsyncTaskLoader.java:91)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:631)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.os.AsyncTask.access$600(AsyncTask.java:177)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage(AsyncTask.java:644)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5289)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:525)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:739)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:555)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:126)
    E/AndroidRuntime(16904): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    W/ActivityManager( 2196): Force finishing activity com.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity
    D/dalvikvm(16904): JIT code cache reset in 0 ms (4096 bytes 2/0)
    W/ActivityManager( 2196): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{41f54d20 u0 com.android.contacts/.activities.ContactEditorActivity}

Please don't be intimidated by xposed/xprivacy in there, this problem persists with and without xprivacy alike.

I'd be grateful for any input on this issue! I'm not sure i can reproduce the issue (a davdroid-created contact crashing Contacts) on a testbed-setup yet, but i'm still trying.

Thanks

• Dario Ernst

• developer

Guess something that the Contacts editor sorts by is null... maybe the display name/structured name? Is it possible that you have VCards without structured name?

• developer

The new issue seems to be a duplicate of #129, so I'm closing here.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.