Can someone confirm if this link works in ICXS

• Hi all

I have installed the app on my OnePlus5 which runs LineageOS.

The app worked for using it with my FollowUpThen webcal link, but keeps failing for this one, an AFL football club fixture:
    webcal://ics.ecal.com/ecal-sub/5f5c2c4de8aa8b95148b45c3/Hawthorn%20Hawks%20Football%20Club.ics

It seems to change the webcal bit to https straight away and then gives me the error message ‘Couldn’t parse iCalendar’.

The link works fine in my Gnome Evolution calendar and also my Thunderbird calendar.

So why is there a problem with the link for ICSX?

Thanks

• developer

Hello,

@joffaMac said in Can someone confirm if this link works in ICXS:

webcal://ics.ecal.com/ecal-sub/5f5c2c4de8aa8b95148b45c3/Hawthorn%20Hawks%20Football%20Club.ics

There is a wrong VALARM value in this Webcal:

…
    BEGIN:VALARM
    TRIGGER:-P2DT    ← !!!
    ACTION:DISPLAY
    …

It should be -P2D (without T).

And I wonder how the error handling of ICSx⁵ could be improved, so that such errors are visible to the user. Maybe the “Copy” function can copy the exception details.

• @rfc2822 Thank you for so a quick examination and reply. I assume I myself can not change the VALARM value to make it work? I’d have to give that feedback to the ecal team that produce the calendar?

• developer

@joffaMac said in Can someone confirm if this link works in ICXS:

I’d have to give that feedback to the ecal team that produce the calendar?

Yes I think so.

• developer

Did you already get some feedback?

• @rfc2822 Thank you for following up. The best way I could find to try to convey the feedback was to use their chat feature on their web page which unfortunately means I have no record of the conversation.
    The representative tried to inform me about all the things I already knew, like how they supported so many calendars, how I am the only person to raise the issue etc., but after repeating myself a few times said they would provide the information to the developers.
    I asked if I would get advised when/if the developers looked/fixed it but was told probably not.
    So for now I can view the calendar in all I use except on my Android phone. That’s OK as not a vital thing, just frustrating.
    If needed, this item can be closed. Thanks again.