DAVx5 can't create account

• There has been in the past. But there is none right now. Also giving the account another name does not help…

• developer

Then I don’t have an idea. The system also doesn’t return an error code for creating accounts… maybe you can try adb to get the system logs (not only DAVx5 logs) and find something there.

• There seems to be an error in writing to the sqlite database:

alt text

Any idea how I can proceed from here?

Thank you!

• developer

Then your accounts database is broken. It’s not related to DAVx5. You will have to reset the accounts provider (which deletes all accounts and creates the database again) or probably the whole device to get it working.

Can you create other accounts, e.g. email accounts? It shouldn’t work, too.

• How could I effectively test if account creation does still work? Thank you for helping me with an android problem!

• developer

@NisiMasa You could for instance try to create an IMAP email account.

But I just saw on the screenshot that it complains that the _id already exists; so it may be related to the account you have deleted.

1. Does it work when you chose another account name than the one you previously had in DAVx5?
    2. If there’s nothing in Android settings / Accounts that you can delete, did you already try to reboot the device? Sometimes this clears some orphaned entries.

1. It does not work with another name.
    2. Reboot does not help either.

Do I have to install an email app to create an IMAP account? I use fairmail for email and the app does not seem to use the android accounts feature.

• developer

@NisiMasa said in DAVx5 can't create account:

Do I have to install an email app to create an IMAP account? I use fairmail for email and the app does not seem to use the android accounts feature.

The email app which comes with Android (or even Gmail) should be enough.

• I backed up and reset the whole android today and now I’m able to create accounts again. So this was not related to davx5 at all. Thank you very much for helping me anyway!

• admin

@NisiMasa Great to hear! However its sad that you had to wipe the whole device to get it to a good condition again.