syncing with yandex carddav does not provide anniversary information

• davx5 version 3.2.1.4-ose on Android 10 (lineage OS)

syncing with https://carddav.yandex.ru => all data is properly recognized and synced on Android device, except anniversary information.

Birthday information is available at serverside and could be synced using sogo-connector 68.0.1 with thunderbird running on a debian system.

yandex is configured to use app passwords - which is working fine.

Thx a lot in adv for your support, if there is something missing, pls let me know

• developer

Hi, anniversary or birthday? These are two different things. These’s also a difference between birthdays with year (yyyy-mm-dd) and birthday without year (mm-dd).

If anniversary information is lost, I guess Yandex doesn’t support it. Do anniversaries work between Thunderbird and Yandex?

Or can you please provide steps to reproduce, so that I can have a look? We have a Yandex account available for testing.

• Hi rfc2822,

thx for your fast response.

Its birthday not anniversary information which is causing problems => see screener.

Yandex Phonebook where the data is stored is “Phone contacts” otherwise it is not considered from dav.

To reproduce this issue you have to create the contact at yandex - if you create the contact (or birthday information) at android device it seems to work.

Beside birthday information also address information is not synced.

As i sayed with sogo connector and dav providers at iphone both information could be synced from server to devices.

Thx a lot for your help
    d41b42fd-52c2-49ef-8abe-1d9ca699762a-grafik.png

• developer

@loiselqw I could not reproduce the problem with these steps:

Regarding birthday information:

1. Create contact on Yandex.com:
      Bildschirmfoto von 2020-08-25 12-11-03.png
    2. Sync with DAVx5 3.3
    3. View the contact in Google Contacts:
      Screenshot_1598350309.png

As you can see, the birthday has been synchronized as expected.

There are known problems with Yandex for birthdays without year (Yandex doesn’t support them).

Regarding address information:

Beside birthday information also address information is not synced.

I don’t even see a field for addresses in Yandex (see first screenshot). Where do you enter it?

• Does it make sense if I sent you via private message a App Password so that you could reproduce both issues?

Afterwards I would delete the App Password.

I agree, that it worked in your case, to get the birthday information down to your android device, and I also don’t see any fields to enter address information, but somehow this information is present within yandex-address storage, I guess, that I uploaded it via Import some years ago.

Maybe another information, before yandex introduced app passwords, everything worked well with syncing, related to bithday and address information - I was in contact with them, but they seem not want to change anything ;-(

• developer

@loiselqw said in syncing with yandex carddav does not provide anniversary information:

Does it make sense if I sent you via private message a App Password so that you could reproduce both issues?

Yes, if it is account specific, please send the data using “chat” / private message or the contact form on https://www.davx5.com/contact