Can't save contacts with Google Contacts

• @one_solo said in Can't save contacts with Google Contacts:

Still the same on v3.30

Too bad that that client is too old and got no recent update…
    I’m hoping this is resolved till A11 is released. I don’t what to have an extra app to do the same thing that davx5 already does…

Strange thing is: despite being old/outdated/unmaintained/… it nevertheless works.

• developer

@Thomas-Birke And I’m wondering why Google Contacts (and only Google Contacts, in contrast to, for instance, Android Contacts or Samsung Contacts) doesn’t work with DAVx5 anymore, but only on Android 11…

By the way, the “contacts can be inserted in main account (instead of address book account) and thus won’t be synchronized” problem occurs with CardDav-Sync, too.

• @rfc2822 said in Can't save contacts with Google Contacts:

@Thomas-Birke And I’m wondering why Google Contacts (and only Google Contacts, in contrast to, for instance, Android Contacts or Samsung Contacts) doesn’t work with DAVx5 anymore, but only on Android 11…

Yeah… very weird.

By the way, the “contacts can be inserted in main account (instead of address book account) and thus won’t be synchronized” problem occurs with CardDav-Sync, too.

I’m not sure what you mean, but if I

• setup the CardDav-Sync account (since DAVx5 is not possible) as the “account to store new contacts in”
    • create a new contact
    • manually sync (or wait for it to happen according to schedule)

it syncs perfectly fine. It soon appears in DAVx5 as well.

Here’s how I see them in Google Contacts:
    screens.png

• developer

I mean that if you sync two address books with CardDav sync:

Screenshot_1598864617.png

you get three accounts in the latest Google Contacts app:

Screenshot_1598864645.png

The last account is a display error of the latest Google Contacts versions. It exists in the system (as an account), but it should not be shown as address book (= contacts-capable account).

If you add a contact to this account, it won’t be synchronized. The same problem occurs with DAVx⁵, so it seems that the latest Google Contacts has some serious problems.

• developer

I think I have found a workaround. Is there somebody who could test it? Can send an APK.

• @rfc2822 glad to test

• developer

@one_solo Thanks for testing.

So this should work again with DAVx⁵ 3.3.1-beta1 and newer.

• Finally DAVx⁵ 3.3.1-beta1 does it again!
    I’m glad you found a way to get it working again.
    I missed the categories a lot… thanks a thousand times - gotta go now and kick out CardDAV Free again 😉
    Good job after all 😃 👍

• Hi

Where can we get this beta version or when will it be stable ?
    Got the same problem with android 11.

• developer

@ouafnico It’s already released. If you have F-Droid, you will have to wait until they have compiled it (usually takes a few days).

(Or, of course, you can compile it yourself.)