Thanks for the quick answer. Before seeing your response, I tried this:
- Add a new Nextcloud account in DAVx5
- Check Contacts and Sync in DAVx5
- Contacts app => Manage contacts => Sync contacts, no DAVx5
- Add account => Select DAVx5 Address book => Now, in DAVx5 => Uncheck and check Contacts => Sync
- Back to the Contacts app => Manage contacts => Sync contacts, now DAVx5 is available.
- Select DAVx5
- Contacts app => Manage contacts => Default storage location => Select DAVx5. Done!
This procedure worked for me. I don’t know why the first I checked/synced Contacts (step 2), it didn’t work (step 3).
I have tried your Custom list approach after reinstalling DAVx5. I couldn’t find the Address book under Customize list. This is weird because I can see all my synced contacts, but the address book is not recognized by the Contacts app without unchecking/checking/syncing Contacts again (step 4).
Anyway, there is a workaround, but it can be tricky for new users.