No task imported

• I’ve installed ICSx⁵ on two Android systems. In both cases, I’ve managed to import an .ics file, but only events are imported. No task is visible whatever the task app I use to look up for them. Whant can be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Rosivaldo.

• developer

Hi,

At the moment, ICSx5 doesn’t support tasks.

Can you maybe provide more details about your use case / which feed you use etc? I have never seen a Webcal feed with tasks yet.

• This is a total surprise to me. Why on earth someone would want to sync a calendar and still ignore the tasks in the process? 🙂
    Anyway, my use case: In my computer, Thunderbird keeps a personal calendar in a .ics file. I don’t want a Google calendar. Privacy first. My .ics calendar file is kept updated into a cloud service, which I access within my phone. I’d like to have this file periodically synced with my local, phone calendar. My calendar is fed up with tasks, more than with events. And I really need to have those tasks available inside my phone.
    Forgive my poor English. If necessary, I may try to clarify a bit more.

Regards,

Rosivaldo.

• admin

Did you consider using DAVx5 already with a CalDAV server? ICSx5 was originally done for simple calendar subscription. But we will consider this as a future feature, although I think that you’re the first one requesting it. Thank you!

• Indeed, I have considered that. But I thought it a little overkill. “Should I sign on a (paid) CalDAV server? Should I install a private CalDAV server at home?” I don’t know yet.

Meanwhile, are you aware of a good CalDAV server that I should have a look at?

Again, many thanks.

Rosivaldo.

• admin

There is a pretty good list here:

https://www.davx5.com/tested-with

All should work fine (more or less) 😉 Most people with DAVx5 are using Nextcloud - and therefore it is pretty well tested. You can either get a hosted Nextcloud or host it yourself - but you can also go for an email provider like fastmail, mailbox, mail.com, gmx.net etc.

• Thank you very much.