Is there a way to xfer contacts and calendar entries from google?

• Here is some extra text because they won’t accept a simple question in the subject line as enough of a post.

• I keep the answer short too:

• Export contacts and calendars to a file and import it to your servers database and then sync it to your device.
    • Search the app store for an app to copy contacts and calendar data from one contacts/calendar database to the ones created by DAVx5.

• developer

• admin

@Ferule some manufacturers now offer an option within their contacts app (like samsung) that have an option to copy contacts from one account to another. But if that is not available please consider the other tipps in the prev. postings

• @j-ed I just tried that and it didn’t work. It looks like the database on my hosting companies server is pretty primative. It lacks a lot of fields that google has and I think are pretty important. It’s so bad that I can only import 9 entries out of 89.

Forgive me if I’m wrong here but I thought that these contact databases were really just a flat table within a larger database. If so couldn’t the user determine the columns and the names of said columns.

Anyway it doesn’t seem to be a DAV problem. I just needed to vent.

• @Ferule I should add that I don’t know if the contact, mail, calendar program that my hosting company uses is something they made in house or is something they licensed. It has their branding on it.