Login error using NextCloud login flow via NC app

• I have been unable to get davx5 to log in to NC (both 18.x and 19.0) using NextCloud login flow via NC app on Android

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open NextCloud app
    2. Select Sync with davx5 from settings
    3. Log in to NextCloud web interface via davx5 prompt

What happens:

1. davx5 sits on “Configuration detection” view for a few minutes
    2. Alert pops up “Configuration detection / Couldn’t find CalDAV or CardDAV service”

Afterwards, NC reports there have been too many login attempts and starts rate-limiting further logins, and the davx5 error logs shows auth errors, despite having logged in successfully via NC login flow.

NB, NC two-factor auth is disabled for this account.

Full davx5 logs: https://pastebin.com/0uthUv0W

• No one has any suggestions?

This is preventing me from recommanding this app to people using my cloud service.

• developer

Hello,

<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
      <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated</s:exception>
      <s:message>No public access to this resource., Username or password was incorrect, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured, Username or password was incorrect</s:message>
    </d:error>

There is a problem with your username/password. You don’t have to go the way over Nextcloud Login Flow, you can add the account directly with the URL, as described here: https://www.davx5.com/tested-with/nextcloud

But user name and password have to be correct.

• @rfc2822 said in Login error using NextCloud login flow via NC app:

There is a problem with your username/password

No, there’s not. As I said above I log in fine when adding the account to davx5 via the NextCloud flow.

If you look at the rest of the line from the logs that you posted:

No ‘Authorization: Bearer’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is mis-configured

The server’s configuration works for other apps including the official NextCloud Android app and GNOME Online Accounts, so that points to a davx5 problem.

• developer

@mjog said in Login error using NextCloud login flow via NC app:

The server’s configuration works for other apps including the official NextCloud Android app and GNOME Online Accounts, so that points to a davx5 problem.

No, that message is normal. It always comes with the username/password wrong message.

We have thousands of Nextcloud users (including myself) without problems and we constantly test Nextcloud with all possible methods (Login flow and URL), and it always works.

If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem with a fresh Nextcloud installation or have specific hints what a possible DAVx5 problem could be, please let us know. For me, it looks like a username/password problem at the moment (or maybe you are locked out with our mobile IP, for instance because of too many wrong tries).

What do Nextcloud logs say? Did you clean the brute force attempts table?