Empty result from content provider when adding event

• I’m running DAVx⁵ on Android 9 on a rooted Samsung S4 mini. Syncing against my nextcloud instance. Everything is running smooth except my business calendar. It’s a thunderbird lightning calendar synced wit the nextcloud. When trying to sync the events im running into:

2020-05-22 21:13:36 289 [syncadapter.SyncManager] Couldn't access local storage
    EXCEPTION at.bitfire.ical4android.CalendarStorageException: Empty result from content provider when adding event
    	at at.bitfire.ical4android.AndroidEvent.add(AndroidEvent.kt:424)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$processVEvent$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:172)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$processVEvent$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.useLocal(SyncManager.kt:834)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$processVEvent$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:171)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$processVEvent$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.useLocal(SyncManager.kt:834)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager.processVEvent(CalendarSyncManager.kt:163)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager.access$processVEvent(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:129)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.useRemote(SyncManager.kt:859)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:116)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4jvm.Response$Companion.parse(Response.kt:212)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4jvm.DavResource$processMultiStatus$2.invoke(DavResource.kt:467)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4jvm.DavResource.processMultiStatus(DavResource.kt:486)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4jvm.DavResource.processMultiStatus(DavResource.kt:437)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4jvm.DavCalendar.multiget(DavCalendar.kt:155)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:115)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager$downloadRemote$1.invoke(CalendarSyncManager.kt:45)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.useRemote(SyncManager.kt:848)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.useRemoteCollection(SyncManager.kt:869)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager.downloadRemote(CalendarSyncManager.kt:114)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager$syncRemote$1$1.run(SyncManager.kt:470)
    	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:458)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

Those events are created by outlook, send to me via email and added to the calendar in thunderbird.

This is occurring since a few month and on different devices (my old device crashed and I set up a new one).

I can provide more information and a full detailed log (don’t want to share it here).

Thanks in advance!

• admin

Maybe try to reset/wipe your Calendar storage (it’s a system app). All local calendars and events will be deleted when doing this - so make sure you have it backed up.

It could also be that your privacy guard doesn’t allow DAVx5 to access to the calendar storage.

• Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve wipe cache and local storage of the calender app. Double checked that the calender had no events anymore. Restarted the phone and synced and the same problem occurred.

Privacy guard is no problem as all other calenders are properly synced and displayed.