Unknown VCard properties are lost

• thanks a lot for fixing this, it makes davdroid my preferred android cal-/carddav client now.

the attributes in known fields still do get lost (eg EMAIL;TYPE=WORK;X-EVOLUTION-UI-SLOT=1:attribute-test@example.com -> EMAIL;TYPE=work:attribute-test@example.com), and the contact photos get re-encoded (in my test run, the file grew from 1.2k to 1.5k). can we track this here or shall i open another issue for that?

by the way, your warnings against vcards got me to think; i might add cleanup features to calypso when i find the time to factor out the import features.

• developer

the attributes in known fields still do get lost (eg EMAIL;TYPE=WORK;X-EVOLUTION-UI-SLOT=1:attribute-test@example.com -> EMAIL;TYPE=work:attribute-test@example.com)

Yeah, they do. Attributes could theoretically be stored in the SYNC1 field of the email address row, but at the moment, there are other priorities. Do you really use these properties on VCards which you edit with DAVdroid or did you just test it?

and the contact photos get re-encoded (in my test run, the file grew from 1.2k to 1.5k). can we track this here or shall i open another issue for that?

The VCard must be parsed and then generated (each by ez-vcard), so I think re-encoding is unavoidable (given the current functionality of ez-vcard).

• Ad attributes: I guess separate issue with low priority would be nice, just to keep the bug known. It will get lost here.

Ad image reencoding: I did a quick look into ez-vcard and I do not see any image transformations in photo property. Only moving blob around. That should not cause loosing image quality. Maybe I missed something (it was only a brief exploration). Isn’t there some hidden reencoding when storing image into Android database?

• developer

Ad attributes: I guess separate issue with low priority would be nice, just to keep the bug known. It will get lost here.

Ah, you mean a low-priority enhancement. Well why not 😛

Isn’t there some hidden reencoding when storing image into Android database?

Ah, that may be the case too. Actually, I didn’t look. In both cases, it can’t be changed by DAVdroid.