no display of shared appointments despite synchronised calendars

• Hello.

I’m using Zimbra (8.7.1) to provide calendars to multiple users that can be shared. Some calendars are read-only, others read/write shared. In the Zimbra backend and under Thunderbird (TBSync + Provider for CalDAV) everything works fine.

If I enter the base URL and access data in DAVx5 (2.6.5-ose) all calendars can be recognized and synchronized. The calendars are also displayed in the calendar manager of Android (content query --uri content://com.android.calendar/calendars).

In different calendar apps the calendars are shown and can be selected for display. But, for all shared calendars (using Zimbra calendar sharing) no appointments are shown. Only the appointments of the respective user are displayed. I have seen this with several users on three Android mobile phones. All shared calendars are recognized, but appointments containing them are not displayed. This problem does not occur with Thunderbird. In shared calendars you can create or view appointments according to your rights.

Can anyone reproduce the problem?
    Is it an error…or am I the error?

Thanks for helpful answers.

PS.: calendar names do not contain spaces/special characters.

• developer

@yabow Hi,

DAVx5 doesn’t decide which appointments are shown. Did you try another client, like Thunderbird/Outlook/Evolution? Are there visibility settings in Zimbra?

• Hi rfc2822.

I only have difficulties with DAVx5 in this context. With Thunderbird and the corresponding AddOns it works to use the shared events according to the rights assigned in Zimbra.

In Zimbra backend, as expected, everything works correctly as well

As I said, it only affects the calendars shared by zimbra-users, respectively the dates of shared calendars.

Thank you for the quick response. 🙂

• developer

@yabow said in no display of shared appointments despite synchronised calendars:

I only have difficulties with DAVx5 in this context. With Thunderbird and the corresponding AddOns it works to use the shared events according to the rights assigned in Zimbra.

And you’re sure that you’re using the same calendar URL as in Thunderbird? You can view the calendar URL in the DAVx5 account using the action overflow of the respective calendar.

The calendars are also displayed in the calendar manager of Android (content query --uri content://com.android.calendar/calendars).

Are the events from the shared calendars there (when you query the events)?

If not, please

1. unselect the respective calendar in DAVx5,
    2. force sync (entries are now gone),
    3. enable DAVx5 logging,
    4. select the calendar again,
    5. force sync,
    6. have a look at the logs or send them to play@bitfire.at.

Without logs, it’s difficult to know what’s going on.

• developer