Partial card and calendar sync after reinstallation on LineageOS 17.1



  • For reasons unrelated to DAVx⁵, I’ve reinstalled LineageOS from scratch on my PocoF1 (beryllium), including a new download of DAVx⁵. Now when I sync there are missing calendar events (about one in ten) and contacts (about nine in ten). I had previously installed the same LineageOS on the same hardware, and it appeared still to be working normally.

    Battery optimisation is turned off.

    This is the DAVx⁵ from F-Droid. Debug info: https://firedrake.org/roger/di.txt

    The events are missing in both LineageOS’ system calendar and in Etar. It’s always the same events and contacts; has the software got more strict about what it allows?

    The server is Xandikos 0.0.11-2, also under my control. It’s being synced already with multiple thunderbird installations and vdirsyncer; those are still working with no problem.

    I’ve tried deleting and re-setting-up the CalDAV account, and reinstalling DAVx⁵. This makes no difference.

    (Tried verbose logging, but the only way I can “send log” is just after I’ve turned on verbose… how is one meant to get at this?)



  • I managed to find out how to save a log (why not just let me save it as a file?), and with the address book I was seeing lots of:

    2020-04-08 11:40:34 1278 [syncadapter.ContactsSyncManager] Processing CardDAV resource e47271cfee14752ad4bb95e23685e431b9d8112b30941eba7f73154f46f40d8a.vcf
    2020-04-08 11:40:34 1278 [syncadapter.ContactsSyncManager] Received vCard without data, ignoring
    

    It turns out that having a blank line at the start of a vCard file is invalid as far as DAVx⁵ is concerned. So fixing that on the server has given me a full contact sync. But that’s not quite what’s going on with calendars - an example of a missing entry there doesn’t show up in the transfer from the server, either by ID or by content.



  • My working theory is that this is thunderbird behaving badly and DAVx⁵ being stricter about the spec than it is (or than xandikos is, but the CalDAV server’s job isn’t to parse iCalendar text at all). Deleting the offending events and recreating them on the phone leaves them visible and even editable in the other calendar clients too.


  • developer

    @RogerBW said in Partial card and calendar sync after reinstallation on LineageOS 17.1:

    My working theory is that this is thunderbird behaving badly and DAVx⁵ being stricter about the spec than it is (or than xandikos is, but the CalDAV server’s job isn’t to parse iCalendar text at all). Deleting the offending events and recreating them on the phone leaves them visible and even editable in the other calendar clients too.

    I see. Happy that it now for you! However:

    (or than xandikos is, but the CalDAV server’s job isn’t to parse iCalendar text at all)

    This is the main job of a CalDAV server. Otherwise, it would be a WebDAV server.


Log in to reply
 

Similar topics