Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 10 no calendar with Davx5

• Hi,
    i have a small problem with my galaxy S10+ with android 10 and davx5.
    If i add a new sync account with my nextcloud or radicale server,
    the accout is add to the app, but not create a new calendar inside samsung os.
    So i cant see the calendar with stock calendar app.
    I only get this error.
    [Surface(name=AppWindowToken{bb3dc02 token=Token{ed5494d ActivityRecord{f8c40e4 u0 at.bitfire.davdroid/.ui.account.AccountActivity t1650}}})/@0x69fedb0 - animation-leash#0] No local sync point found
    Any idea why the app doesnt create a new calendar?
    Even if i create a offline calendar, i cant sync it.
    So please help.
    Big thanks
    bye

• developer

Hi,

@switchgott said in Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 10 no calendar with Davx5:

I only get this error.
    [Surface(name=AppWindowToken{bb3dc02 token=Token{ed5494d ActivityRecord{f8c40e4 u0 at.bitfire.davdroid/.ui.account.AccountActivity t1650}}})/@0x69fedb0 - animation-leash#0] No local sync point found

Where did you get this message?

Can you provide DAVx5 debug info and steps to reproduce the problem?

• @rfc2822 I get this message inside logcat.
    But yes, i will post a debug info.
    davx5-log.txt

• developer

Thanks. These are the logs, please also provide debug info (DAVx5 / App settings / Debug info).

• developer

Android version: 10 (StockROM)

Is that the default operating system that comes with the S10+?

• Good morning,
    it is stock samsung OS.
    But its slim down version with root.
    Could you see the error or what is cause?
    I never had problems with me LG V30. This was very heavy modded by me.
    but not the samsung s10+.
    Any idea why?
    Thanks

• developer

the accout is add to the app, but not create a new calendar inside samsung os.
    So i cant see the calendar with stock calendar app.

Sounds like either the synchronization is not running, probably because of battery restrictions (see also dontkillmyapp.com); or there’s some kind of “privacy guard” or simething like that.

Unfortunately, without being able to reproduce the problem, I can’t really tell you what’s the problem on your device.

• Thanks for the link.
    I guess the main problem is, no calendar is localy created.
    So i cant sync the cloud calendar with local one 😞
    There is no entry inside the samsung calendar.

04-08 11:37:14.594 5328 5328 E Layer : [Surface(name=AppWindowToken{27c5792 token=Token{6b391d ActivityRecord{27cdf4 u0 com.sec.android.app.launcher/.activities.LauncherActivity t1786}}})/@0xc2007d1 - animation-leash#0] No local sync point found
    04-08 11:37:14.594 5328 5328 E Layer : [Surface(name=AppWindowToken{a2c1e7e token=Token{ceb5839 ActivityRecord{e7ec800 u0 at.bitfire.davdroid/.ui.account.AccountActivity t1798}}})/@0x27728c7 - animation-leash#0] No local sync point found
    04-08 11:37:14.594 5328 5328 E Layer : [Surface(name=478db6b com.android.systemui.ImageWallpaper)/@0x7389ae - animation-leash#0] No local sync point found

E BufferQueueProducer: [at.bitfire.davdroid/at.bitfire.davdroid.ui.account.AccountActivity$_12835#0] disconnect: not connected (req=1)

• developer

Did you try another calendar app, e.g. Google Calendar or aCalendar+ or Etar?

• Yes i did.
    Even with Etar it does not work.
    maybe the new sync calendar is not create in calendar store.
    I dont know .-(

• admin

The calendar should be initially created when the user selects a caldav resource and one first sync is being performed. Did you try to clear the calendar storage of your Android and restart the device, then trigger a sync again? Did you grant permission to read/write calendars for DAVx5?

In any case you should also disable battery saving for DAVx5 – I’ve seen in the debug log that it was’nt deactivated yet.