GMX Caldav ctag not changed - manual sync

• Hi,

I have the following Problem: My wife and I using the same calender with GMX. I often do not see the changes on my phone she made in the calendar. The reason reported by DAVx5 debug log is that the sync token / ctag value has not changed between local and remote. So it looks like this is an server issue by GMX.

So far, so good. I googled a lot and read also in this forum several posts. I’m just wondering why no one else reported this issue yet (or did I overlook something)? However, I found some other posts where it is described that “a manual sync” would ignore the ctag and still do a sync.

My question is: Where do I find this mystery manual sync? I tried the sync button (with the two arrows in the lower right corner) in DAVx5 itself and I also tried the sync option in the android system setting under Accounts > DAVx5. Same behavior: “no reason to sync”.

The manual (full) sync would be a nice workaround (instead of creating something new on my phone to influence the ctag value), since I didn’t expect that GMX will fix this.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Matthias

DAVx5 2.6.3.1 installed on Android 9.0

• developer

Hi,

Did you already report this to GMX? DAVx5 trusts the information of the server; if the CTag doesn’t change, there is no reason to waste resources for other operations. That’s the whole purpose of the CTag.

Are there steps to reproduce? Because we didn’t receive other reports about GMX (yet).

• @rfc2822 Thanks for your reply. No, I did not report this issue to GMX yet, since I was not sure how to reproduce this issue.
    But now I have an idea: It looks like this only happens when my wife do changes to my calendar (which I have shared to her) with her GMX account. In this case none of my devices gets a changed ctag and therefore no sync occurs.
    When I change or add something to this calender (which belongs to my GMX account) from my 2nd device, my 1st device always gets a changed ctag and starts syncing (as expected).

If anyone can confirm this behavior for shared GMX calendars, I would open an ticket at GMX. Thanks a lot.

But back to my first post: Is there any option with DAVx5 to force a (manual) sync with ignoring the ctag value? (As workaround in the meantime)

Best Matthias

• developer

@Matthias01 said in GMX Caldav ctag not changed - manual sync:

But back to my first post: Is there any option with DAVx5 to force a (manual) sync with ignoring the ctag value? (As workaround in the meantime)

The only thing which comes into my mind is to use an old version of DAVx5, i.e. 2.6.2 or older, and then use manual sync. Is that an option?

See also https://forums.bitfire.at/topic/2225/davx5-not-syncing-tasks-with-mailbox-org. It’s basically the same problem, but it seems that mailbox.org already works now.