Out of the Blue: NullPointerException/java.util.Calendar.getTimeZone()



  • Hi!

    I’ve been running DAVx5 for more than a couple of years now against my ownCloud installation without any issues. I have not changed anything on the server side of my setup, nor has my phone setup changed. But as of today, I’m now getting this exception out of the blue:

    EXCEPTION:
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.util.TimeZone java.util.Calendar.getTimeZone()' on a null object reference
    	at java.text.DateFormat.getTimeZone(DateFormat.java:704)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.Iso8601.setTime(Iso8601.java:149)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.DateTime.setTime(DateTime.java:427)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.DateTime.setTime(DateTime.java:415)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.DateTime.<init>(DateTime.java:317)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.DateTime.<init>(DateTime.java:285)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.Recur.<init>(Recur.java:199)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.property.RRule.setValue(RRule.java:113)
    	at net.fortuna.ical4j.model.property.RRule.<init>(RRule.java:70)
    	at at.bitfire.ical4android.AndroidEvent.populateEvent(AndroidEvent.kt:209)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalEvent.populateEvent(LocalEvent.kt:55)
    	at at.bitfire.ical4android.AndroidEvent.getEvent(AndroidEvent.kt:125)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalCalendar.findDirty(LocalCalendar.kt:117)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.uploadDirty(SyncManager.kt:325)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager$performSync$1.invoke(SyncManager.kt:130)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager$performSync$1.invoke(SyncManager.kt:57)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.unwrapExceptions(SyncManager.kt:854)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.performSync(SyncManager.kt:116)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarsSyncAdapterService$CalendarsSyncAdapter.sync(CalendarsSyncAdapterService.kt:61)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter.onPerformSync(SyncAdapterService.kt:132)
    	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:272)
    
    SOFTWARE INFORMATION
    * at.bitfire.davdroid 2.6.4-gplay (331) from com.android.vending
    * com.android.providers.contacts 6.50.20 (650002000)
    * com.android.providers.calendar 4.10.1 (410001000)
    * com.android.contacts 6.50.20.3 (650002003)
    * com.android.calendar 6.20.17 (62001700)
    * com.google.android.calendar 2020.04.7-296225275-release (2016498255) from com.android.vending
    

    I believe that synchronization is no longer working in my environment.

    Please advise.


  • developer



  • I restarted my phone, and the getTimeZone problem seems to have gone away. I did not have to uninstall/reinstall DAVx5.

    Thanks for the response! And thanks for the product that works day after day. This is really the first problem I’ve encountered in years. 👍

    Michael


Log in to reply
 

Similar topics