ICSx 1.8.7 my subscriptions dissappered (third time)

• After my phone restarts all the subscriptions are gone. They work when I readd them manually later.

My phone is Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (H8324) running Android 10 (build number 52.1.A.0.532).

Now I’m running icsx 1.8.7 but this mightve happened on older versions too, I’m unsure when i started using icsx on this phone.

• developer

Hi,

The calendars are managed by the system (whether used by ICSx⁵ or not). If they disappear, others calendars (which are not by ICSx⁵) should disappear, too. Is that true?

Otherwise, it could be possible that ICSx⁵ has been moved to the SD card/external storage. Are you sure that ICSx⁵ is not on externl storage/SD card?

• @rfc2822 said in ICSx 1.8.7 my subscriptions dissappered (third time):

Hi,

The calendars are managed by the system (whether used by ICSx⁵ or not). If they disappear, others calendars (which are not by ICSx⁵) should disappear, too. Is that true?

i see… i additionally have etesync, but its calendars are there…

Otherwise, it could be possible that ICSx⁵ has been moved to the SD card/external storage. Are you sure that ICSx⁵ is not on externl storage/SD card?

i don’t have SD card on this phone, just internal… i didn’t have storage permission enabled for ICSx5, though… dunno how and why, but iirc, on newer android versions there’s something peculiar about it, right?

p.s. Calendars don’t always disappear, on every restart, only sometimes.

• This problem still happens (Version 1.8.7-standard). As if the whole user data of the app is lost. After the data is lost, the app reports 664kB of user data and 164kB of cache. Permissions of the app are retained. When I readd my calendar subscription and sync it, the app reports 668kB of user data and 262kB of cache.

As you say OS manages calendars, but does that mean the app manages subscriptions tightly coupled with OS managed calendars? When one disappears, the other goes too?

My work calendar is pretty big and changes often, maybe there’s something to it… My next shot is to try factory reset or different Android version. If you want to debug this in any way, let me know before i nuke it. 🙂

• developer

@maricn Unfortunately, I don’t have any idea what could cause your problems.

• admin

@maricn Currently a similar bug is reported by Samsung users. If they enter the “Max power saving mode” (and only this specific mode - others are fine) and the user then restarts the device and quits the Max power saving mode the calendar subscriptions are gone. This also happens however to other calendars and contacts that are stored by other apps such as DAVx5 (it’s not that critocal there because on next sync they are restored). We’ve already reported this to Samsung.

So maybe this has to do also with some power saving mode on the Android of your manufacturer… You can try to dig into it maybe.

• Thank you both, I will look into it. All the best!