Calender synchronization does not work ?

• Hi,
    i use Davx and Etar since 6 months on a lineage phone. First, everything went well but since few weeks, I have no synchronization of my phone calendar anymore.
    In DavX I have sync my nextcloud account and I can choose which calendar to synchronize. I have select all of them. However nothing appears in Etar (neither in other calendars), it only proposes me to add a new account (through Davx), thing that I have already done…

I have tried to reinstall both Etar and Davx, I have tried to modify the DAVX authorizations but the problem remains: it seems there is no synchronization at all (even manual) while there is no error message displayed. Do you have an idea what could be the problem ?

My config
    Android 7.1.2
    Davx 2.6.3.1-ose
    Etar 1.0.21

• developer

Hello,

Sounds very much like the Lineage Privacy Guard. Is it disabled for DAVx⁵?

• In Settings>Privacy>Privacy Guard, I have toggled off ‘Show notification’. I have tried to synchronize, no better. I have reboot, no better.

Then if I go into the advanced options, I can get to the authorizations that concern DAVx5. There everything I can is toggled on.

• developer

@J3r3m1 said in Calender synchronization does not work ?:

In Settings>Privacy>Privacy Guard, I have toggled off ‘Show notification’. I have tried to synchronize, no better. I have reboot, no better.

This is only the notification. It won’t change anything.

Then if I go into the advanced options, I can get to the authorizations that concern DAVx5. There everything I can is toggled on.

I’m quite sure this is a Privacy Guard thing. You will have to disable it for DAVx⁵, and then create the account and sync again. It may be important to delete the DAVx⁵ account and then create it again.

• Thanks for replying that fast. I can not figure out where is the privacy guard thing you are talking about. After investigation on the internet and on my mobile phone, impossible to find it. I have also tried to find it in the developer mode but the only things I have in the privacy guard stuff are the ones discusses in my previous message (the notification and all authorizations that I have allowed).

• developer

It looks like this: https://www.xda-developers.com/files/2017/03/Screenshot_20170306-202737.png

Maybe you have a LineageOS build without it; then your problem is probably something else. It however sounds like problems you would have with Privacy guard, which would be common for LineageOS.

• I have it on my Lineage build, but the lock is opened for all my applications (i.e. DAVx5).

• developer

I see. Then it’s probably another problem…

Do you use a firewall? AFWall?

• No. However I have a strange strange behavior that may be useful to know. When I go to the advanced parameters in Privacy Guard I can have the number of times an authorization has been asked by the application to the phone and the number of times it has been refused. There are several demands (all accepted) concerning “parameters modifications”, “notifications (toast)” but none concerning the access to the calendar (while I have updated several times the calendar in DAVx5).
    I have attached a debug file produced by the phone concerning the app. I do not know if it can be useful…

davx5-info.txt

• developer

CONNECTIVITY (at the moment)

How do you connect the phone to Internet?

Does synchronization work for other accounts (email, Firefox, …)?

• Usually through wifi but I have tested using 4G it does not work neither.
    Nexcloud works well, email (K-9 mail) works well.

• Hi phy25,
    I have drop a debug file (attached in a previous comment). Here is a new one (I have attempted sme modifications but I actually do not get any error message when I synchronize) :
    https://fpaste.me/J17dzWTxhQ