NullPointerException while syncing contacts

• Hi,
    the app crashes while syncing contacts:

E/AndroidRuntime( 4039): FATAL EXCEPTION: SyncAdapterThread-1
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039): Process: at.bitfire.davdroid:sync, PID: 4039
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039): java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'byte[] java.lang.String.getBytes()' on a null object reference
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.WebDavResource.processMultiStatus(WebDavResource.java:473)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at at.bitfire.davdroid.webdav.WebDavResource.multiGet(WebDavResource.java:336)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.RemoteCollection.multiGet(RemoteCollection.java:81)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.synchronize(SyncManager.java:141)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.DavSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(DavSyncAdapter.java:70)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 4039):        at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:259)

The vcard on which is crashes looks like this:

BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    UID:https://reox@my_dav_server.com/reox/addresses/20FBDA0A-609543DB-1AF3DF45.v
     cf
    EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET,HOME:info@moskau.diplo.de
    FN:Deutsche Botschaft Moskau
    N:Moskau;Deutsche;Botschaft;;
    TEL;TYPE=CELL:0074959379500
    X-CALYPSO-NAME:20FBDA0A-609543DB-1AF3DF45.vcf
    END:VCARD

but if i delete it the error will persist, so it does not depend on the vcf file.
    to clearify this: we tried with two clients on two different calypso servers with different contacts - the problem is always the same. it seems like that calypso serves the vcf files in a diferent way.

server is calypso.

• admin

Do you know how to get logcat output from your device (which one is it with which Android version)?

• android 4.4.1 / nexus s / cyanogenmod11-nb
    yes, this is the error message from logcat. what else do you need?

• admin

We need the detailed logcat output (especially everything with "tag:davdroid", i.e. what has been sent to/received from the server and not just the exception report).

• This is a "sync now" log: http://pastebin.com/VuLt9xsL
    i changed the real server url to dav.my_caldav_server.com.

• developer

As you can see in the server's response to multiget, there's no address-data content (= no VCards).

I will add a null pointer check so that DAVdroid won't crash, but it still won't sync the contacts because the server doesn't send any. I think this is a server issue. Do you know where the Calypso bug tracker is?

• calypso has no dedicated bugtracker; it has a mailing list, and the debian bug tracker for calypso should be a good place to report bugs -- but given that i'm the calypso contributor who has implemented the first basic steps towards davdroid compatibility, you can consider it reported.

• developer

Ok, thanks, I will close this. If you think there's something wrong or not compliant on the DAVdroid side, please comment here again.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.