Davx5 don't aquire Read Task permission => error on task sync

• i had the same problem with a samsung S4 (GT i9515) running lineage OS (lineage-17.1-20200926-nightly-jfvelte-signed) and the latest davx5 from F-Droid (v. 3.3.2-ose).

the slider to set the Task rights was set to granted. The debug info showed the READ_TASK as denied.

the problem appeared after a fresh install. still i tried to uninstall both OpenTasks and davx5 and change the install order, since i remember that this used to be a solution, did not work f or me though.

i had to use adb as described by @paultt

here is some additional information for others who want to use adb and don’t know how to use it (like me):

first install adb for your system, open a command prompt and then type

user@pcname:~$ adb devices

on your phone, allow your computer to access the phone via adb, then open an adb shell and send the command to set the permissions, like so

user@pcname:~$ adb -d shell 
    phonename:/ $ pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.dmfs.permission.READ_TASKS
    phonename:/ $ pm grant at.bitfire.davdroid org.dmfs.permission.WRITE_TASKS
    phonename:/ $ exit

i hope this helps.

• developer

Was it not possible to give the tasks permission in Android settings / Apps / DAVx5? (Where the button below the slider directs to)

• @rfc2822
    yes, it was, but still the debug info of davx5 showed that READ_TASKS was denied.

i am just now setting up a similar samsung s4 phone (GT i9505) and will report back soon about my findings.

• developer

@ribi85 Thanks!

• i get the same error for the GT i9505. here is an excerpt of the debug-info.txt:

Permissions:
     - READ_CONTACTS: granted
     - WRITE_CONTACTS: granted
     - READ_CALENDAR: granted
     - WRITE_CALENDAR: granted
     - READ_TASKS: denied
     - WRITE_TASKS: granted
     - WRITE_TASKS: denied
     - ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: denied

a bit weird is that READ_TASKS and WRITE_TASKS occurs twice. but i saw the same in the GT-i9515 phone.

after setting the permission via adb only the first occurrance of READ_TASK is additionally set to granted:

Permissions:
     - READ_CONTACTS: granted
     - WRITE_CONTACTS: granted
     - READ_CALENDAR: granted
     - WRITE_CALENDAR: granted
     - READ_TASKS: granted
     - WRITE_TASKS: granted
     - WRITE_TASKS: denied
     - ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: denied

• developer

@ribi85 said in Davx5 don't aquire Read Task permission => error on task sync:

a bit weird is that READ_TASKS and WRITE_TASKS occurs twice. but i saw the same in the GT-i9515 phone.

One time for OpenTasks, one time for tasks.org. I have changed it so that in future versions, you’ll see the full permission ID when it doesn’t start with android.permission.

• developer

@ribi85 said in Davx5 don't aquire Read Task permission => error on task sync:

• READ_TASKS: granted
    • WRITE_TASKS: granted
    • READ_TASKS: denied
    • WRITE_TASKS: denied

Ah… as said above, those are the OpenTasks and tasks.org permissions. In the Android permissions activity, those are both shown as Tasks permission. Is it possible that you have chosen the wrong one (as they cannot be distinguished)?

• Same here on an Huawei P20pro:
    Screenshot_20201005_101505_com.google.android.permissioncontroller.jpg
    Screenshot_20201005_101004_com.android.htmlviewer.jpg
    Screenshot_20201005_101923_com.android.settings.jpg

• admin

Can you try to uninstall DAVx5 and all tasks apps, then install Open Tasks first and after that DAVx5. Can you grant the necessary permissions then?

• Its the same thing after uninstalling and reinstalling the apps.
    But then i installed the App Tasks.org on my phone, grant the permissions for this app and now OpenTasks is working. Even after uninstalling Tasks.org, OpenTasks is still working.

Screenshot_20201005_130025_com.android.htmlviewer.jpg