🚒 in the calendar entry generates incomprehensible synchronization errors...

• Hi ,

I use DAVx5 version 2.6.3.1, aCalendar+ and Nextcloud 17.0.2 (Calendar 2.0).

To isolate the problem I have created two test ICS files. These differ only in one point:

File A.ics:
    SUMMARY:TEST Event

and file B.ics
    SUMMARY:🚒 TEST Event

I download these files to my mobile phone and import them. In the Android calendar the dates are displayed correctly. BUT a short time later, I get a synchronization error in the case of B.ics.

I can’t understand the problem which is displayed:
    An exception occurred while executing ‘INSERT INTO calendarobjects_props (calendarid, calendartype, objectid, name, parameter, value) VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)’ with params [“26”, 0, 1402, “SUMMARY”, null, “\ud83d\ude92 \tTEST Event”]:

SQLSTATE [22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: ‘\xF0\x9F\x9A\x92 \x09…’ for column ‘cloud_cylancer’.calendarobjects_props.value at row 1</s:message>
    </d:error>

What I found, “\xF0\x9F\x9A\x92 \x09…” is probably the fire truck. Where’s the table: calendarobjects_props ? In my Nextcloud this table does not exist.

Why is the fire engine interpreted as date?

Can you help me?

Best regards
    Clemens

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

A.ics
    B.ics
    error.log

• @Clemens-Gogolin said in 🚒 in the calendar entry generates incomprehensible synchronization errors...:

Where’s the table: calendarobjects_props ?

The mentioned table is used by the calendar app of Nextcloud, but usually it is prefixed by the prefix set-up in the Nextcloud configuration (dbtableprefix). So if 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', is set the table name would be oc_calendarobjects_props.

MariaDB [nextcloud]> describe oc_calendarobjects_props;
    +--------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
    | Field        | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
    | id           | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
    | calendarid   | bigint(20)          | NO   |     | 0       |                |
    | objectid     | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | MUL | 0       |                |
    | name         | varchar(64)         | YES  | MUL | NULL    |                |
    | parameter    | varchar(64)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
    | value        | varchar(255)        | YES  | MUL | NULL    |                |
    | calendartype | int(11)             | NO   |     | 0       |                |

• Hi j-ed,

Thanks for your feedback…

describe oc_calendarobjects_props
    Wenn icFehler in der SQL-Abfrage (1146): Table ‘oc_cylancer_net.oc_calendarobjects_props’ doesn’t exist

When I use the SQL console
    “describe oc_calendarobjects_props” I get the following message:
    “Table ‘oc_cylancer_net.oc_calendarobjects_props’ doesn’t exist”

The command “show tables” returns the following list:

Tables_in_oc_mydomain_tld
    oc_activity
    oc_activity_mq
    oc_addressbookchanges
    oc_addressbooks
    oc_admin_sections
    oc_admin_settings
    oc_appconfig
    oc_authtoken
    oc_bruteforce_attempts
    oc_calendarchanges
    oc_calendarobjects
    oc_calendars
    oc_calendarsubscriptions
    oc_cards
    oc_cards_properties
    oc_comments
    oc_comments_read_markers
    oc_credentials
    oc_dav_shares
    oc_documents_invite
    oc_documents_member
    oc_documents_op
    oc_documents_revisions
    oc_documents_session
    oc_federated_reshares
    oc_file_locks
    oc_filecache
    oc_files_trash
    oc_flow_checks
    oc_flow_operations
    oc_group_admin
    oc_group_user
    oc_groups
    oc_jobs
    oc_lucene_status
    oc_mimetypes
    oc_mounts
    oc_music_album_artists
    oc_music_albums
    oc_music_ampache_sessions
    oc_music_ampache_users
    oc_music_artists
    oc_music_playlist_tracks
    oc_music_playlists
    oc_music_tracks
    oc_notifications
    oc_ownnote
    oc_ownnote_parts
    oc_preferences
    oc_privatedata
    oc_properties
    oc_schedulingobjects
    oc_share
    oc_share_external
    oc_storages
    oc_systemtag
    oc_systemtag_group
    oc_systemtag_object_mapping
    oc_trusted_servers
    oc_users
    oc_vcategory
    oc_vcategory_to_o

So far I did not need this table. No process has requested it either.

It is interesting that the fire engine should be interpreted as a time stamp.

And if I leave out the fire engine, I don’t get any sync problems.

I’m confused…
    Clemens

• developer

Are you using MySQL with utf8 encoding? You need utf8mb4 for the fire truck.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35125933/mysql-utf8mb4-errors-when-saving-emojis

• @DocMcFly said in 🚒 in the calendar entry generates incomprehensible synchronization errors...:

When I use the SQL console
    “describe oc_calendarobjects_props” I get the following message:
    “Table ‘oc_cylancer_net.oc_calendarobjects_props’ doesn’t exist”

In this case you’ve got a problem with your Nextcloud database, because the mentioned table is missing. I cannot tell you what went wrong during the table creation, but you should need to fix it first. You will find the Nextcloud help forum here.

• Hi,

Are you using MySQL with utf8 encoding? You need utf8mb4 for the fire truck.

I have activated the emojee support. I can easily use my fire truck in the Nextcloud.

Because of the missing table I will ask the Nextcoud community, if the problem can’t be solved with this, I will come back.

Thanks
    Clemens

• @DocMcFly said in 🚒 in the calendar entry generates incomprehensible synchronization errors...:

Because of the missing table I will ask the Nextcoud community

I’ve already provided the description of the missing table. It should be an easy task to create it manually and check if the synchronization works afterwards 😉

• Thanks for the help… I was just shocked to discover that I’ve been looking at the wrong database this whole time.

I have the table “calendarobjects_props”.

Since the sync problem was caused by a message from Nextcloud, I will contact the Nextcloud community.

Thanks again for listening…

Clemens