Samsung "People" Edge panel resets after sync

• I’ve just switched over to DAVx⁵ with Fastmail for syncing Contacts. I use the “People” Edge panel on my Samsung phone for quick access to specific contacts. These shortcuts seem to reset every time DAVx⁵ syncs. Does this tool sync contacts in a way that might reset this panel, e.g. deleting and recreating each contact during the sync process?

• developer

Hello,

We have tried on a Galaxy S10 and the shortcuts don’t seem to reset every sync here. However, sometimes it did reset. To investigate, we’d need to make the problem reproducible.

Does this tool sync contacts in a way that might reset this panel, e.g. deleting and recreating each contact during the sync process?

The raw contact is not deleted during updates, however the “data rows” are (but only when the contact has changed).

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the problem, so that we can have a look?

• We’ve found out what Samsung does with the raw_contact that should (theoretically) only be editible by DAVx5 itself. Nevertheless we found a way to improve the handling so that in newer versions the Edge panel with the “Important People” addon should remain intact.

We will release a beta version with this addition soon. Please tell me when you joined the beta program (You can do that in the Play Store when navigating to DAVx5). Then you can test if it works for you too!

• @Annika-Backstrom The Beta is now in the Play Store. Please check if you get version 2.6.3-beta1-gplay! Report back to us if it works with the new version. Thank you!

• Thank you, I’ve signed up for the beta channel. I’m currently on 2.6.2-gplay even after uninstall and restart, but I’ll keep an eye on the version.

BTW, love the enby colors in the About screen. 🙂

• @Annika-Backstrom said in Samsung "People" Edge panel resets after sync:

Thank you, I’ve signed up for the beta channel. I’m currently on 2.6.2-gplay even after uninstall and restart, but I’ll keep an eye on the version.

Google has delayed the recent beta due to a policy violation, so it may take a little longer… So if you want we can send you the apk directly via email.

BTW, love the enby colors in the About screen. 🙂

well recognized! 😊

• @devvv4ever I would be happy to test using the APK. Are you able to see the email address attached to this user account?

• @Annika-Backstrom Yes! I’ve just sent it 🙂

• Thank you, it’s installed now! This seems to have fixed the issue of the panel resetting, but from what I can tell, it’s now duplicating contact details (email and phone numbers) during sync for anyone I’ve added to the People edge panel. I’ve set the contact lists to read-only for the time being.

• This is already fixed in the latest apk I just sent. Hope it now works as expected!

• Yes, it looks completely fixed in 2.6.3-beta2-gplay (323). No more dupe data points, and the edge panel settings don’t reset after sync. Thank you so much!

• developer

@Annika-Backstrom Thanks for the update. Glad that it now works for you. The changes will be contained in the next DAVx⁵ release.