@6042114fa0 I have found emails where this was reported … but very rarely.
DAVx5 <-> Zimbra: new contact entered on Zimbra server is not synced to Android
I use DAVx5 to sync an address book from our Zimbra to my Android phone.
I have added a new contact to the address book. But DAVx5 fails to sync that contact to my phone
This is the log entry for DAVx5’s request for the address book:
a.b.c.d:49144 - firstname.lastname@example.org [06/Dec/2019:13:29:01 +0100] “PROPFIND https://zimbra.host.com/dav/user%40host.com/Shared/ HTTP/1.1” 207 1107 “-” “DAVx5/184.108.40.206-gplay (2019/11/25; dav4jvm; okhttp/3.12.6) Android/10”
If I access the same address book using cadaver, the log looks like this:
a.b.c.d:41830 - email@example.com [06/Dec/2019:13:37:21 +0100] “OPTIONS https://zimbra.host.com/dav/user%40host.com/Shared/ HTTP/1.1” 200 431 “-” “cadaver/0.23.3 neon/0.30.2”
a.b.c.d:41830 - firstname.lastname@example.org [06/Dec/2019:13:37:21 +0100] “PROPFIND https://zimbra.host.com/dav/user%40host.com/Shared/ HTTP/1.1” 207 1224 “-” “cadaver/0.23.3 neon/0.30.2”
And surprisingly, cadaver let me access the new contact:
$ cadaver https://zimbra.host.com/dav/user%40host.com/Shared/
Authentication required for Zimbra on server `zimbra.host.com’:
Listing collection `/dav/user%40host.com/Shared/’: succeeded.
f465237c-946b-4751-ad60-b4ac61c74ebe:179400.vcf 7 Dez 6 12:02
In our last test, syncing contacts from Zimbra worked here.
Please provide steps to reproduce, Web server and CalDAV/CardDAV server logs taken while the problem occurs, DAVx⁵ debug info (DAVx⁵ / Settings / Debug info) and verbose DAVx⁵ logs etc as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What’s required to diagnose a problem. The verbose logs are especially important in your case.
The problem seems to be that the address book is shared, and I am trying syncing it through the DAV path identifying the user that is using the share.
If I sync it through the DAV path identifying the user that provides the share, everything seems to work fine.
IMHO, both DAV paths should work, i.e. this is a bug in Zimbra.