No account within contacts and calendar

• Hello, I am very happy with DAVx5 and the former DAVdroid, but now I changed my phone to an Archos Diamond Omega (Nubia Z17s) with stock rom (Android 7.1.1) and now I am not able to configure DAVx5 for synchronization of contacts and calendar. There are no errors during configuration and synchronization, but in the settings for the calendar and contacts app I do not see the account for DAVx5. I have absolutely no idea what could be the problem. Synchronization works fine on the old phone. I collected some data and pasted it here, maybe someone can help me?

• developer

Hello,

According to the debug info, only one address book is selected for synchronization. So, this is why there are no DAVx⁵ calendars on the system.

Regarding the address book: are there already contacts in the address book?

Is there some “autostart” or however it’s called on your system? If so, you have to “allow autostart” for DAVx⁵. https://www.davx5.com/faq/synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected

Does that help?

• Activating the sync of the calender makes no change. For easier reading of the logs I only activated the contacts.

No, the local address book is empty. The phone was factory reseted.

I can not found any options for autostart or background start or something like this, but should not work a manual sync always by triggering?

Another interesting point: In comparision to my old device the following lines are missing in the configuration section of the debug infos:

Address book account: Contacts (test_user cA)
      Main account: Account {name=test_user, type=bitfire.at.davdroid}
      URL: https://cloud.myDomain.net/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/test_user/contacts/
      Sync automatically: true

• developer

@dfgs said in No account within contacts and calendar:

I can not found any options for autostart or background start or something like this, but should not work a manual sync always by triggering?

No, unfortunately not. When you do a manual sync, the flow is:

1. DAVx⁵ UI “sync now” →
    2. requests sync for account type DAVx⁵ from system →
    3. DAVx⁵ sync adapter is called by the system and synchronizes.

“Features” like autostart permissions seem (because they’re not documented anywhere and vary from firmware to firmware) to hook between the first two steps and don’t pass sync requests to DAVx⁵, so the sync won’t be started even if requested manually.

Another interesting point: In comparision to my old device the following lines are missing in the configuration section of the debug infos:

Address book account: Contacts (test_user cA)
      Main account: Account {name=test_user, type=bitfire.at.davdroid}
      URL: https://cloud.myDomain.net/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/test_user/contacts/
      Sync automatically: true

The address book account will be created as soon as the first synchronization is run. This shows that the synchronization has actually never run yet.

• Thank you for the help and explanations of the internal flow. Finally it is working. The problem was as you already mentioned the missing autostart permission. The solution is not really good and I am not really happy with it but it works. I installed an app called ‘NeoSafe’ for Nubia/ZTE and within the app there is an option for ‘Power-on speedup’. After adding DAVx5 to the list, it has finally started to work 🙂 Either there is a problem within the firmware with the missing option for configuring the autorun applications, or I am simply not able to find it 😉
    I hope this will help other users with the same problem and similar devices.

• developer

@dfgs Thanks for the update! So I’m marking this as solved.