Thanks for the update and great that you found the problem!
"No access possible to CalDAV"
I have used your application since one year and it is very useful to get my school planning on my phone.
But when I came back from holidays, the synchronization did no more work (Holidays are probably the first cause of bugs and break down…).
So, I updated the application to 2.5.4-gplay. But the same error appears, with this report : davx5-info.txt
I understand, with all the others topics, that is a recurrent matter, but I don’t see how to fix it. May you help me, please ? My school’s servor is partage.univ-ubs.fr
Thank you in advance,
For the URL you have entered, the server responds with “HTTP 401 invalid username/password”. Please double check user name and password.
- Are you sure that username/password are correct?
- Do the username/password work with other clients?
- Which server do you use? Is there a manual or instructions from the IT department?
- Is there two-factor authentication? In this case, you would probably have to use a generated app password.
The situation has changed, but I’ll answer to your question, putting the new things in italic :
- I am sure for the username and the password. In fact, it was the only stuff I was sure ; I have just changed the “URL emplacement”, and my account was created. But… I found again the first matter : my schedule doesn’t update in my calendar application.
- so, my email address and password work.
- Here’s the instructions from the IT department : As you see, it’s quite short… Sorry for the french language !
- There is not two-factor authentication.
I have to add that the URL emplacement of the calendar in my DAVx5 account is exactly the same than one given upper, except the “@” of my email address that became “%40”.
Now, do you think the matter comes from your side, or has another cause ?
Thank you for your help.
But… I found again the first matter : my schedule doesn’t update in my calendar application.
So, this is your current and only problem. Is this correct?
Did you have a look at https://www.davx5.com/faq/synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected? I don’t know Hisense phones, but maybe they have additional power saving options, which you may have to turn off for DAVx⁵ (or similar apps).
Yes, this is my matter : when I make manually synchronization (to begin simple), something is done but in only 3 seconds, and nothing changes in the calendar of my phone (I use aCalendar). To compare, last year, the synchronization was done in 15s, maybe more.
The deactivation of the battery optimization doesn’t change anything.
@Louis Can you post the debug info of your current state? If sync is that fast, it seems that there is nothing to synchronize or it already has been synchronized (and maybe is not visible in the calendar app; did you show all calendars there?).
If sync is that fast, it seems that there is nothing to synchronize or it already has been synchronized
You are right ! The synchronization worked very well, but with nothing on the other side (the school server)… It was my fault, sorry.
So my matter didn’t come from DAVx5, and I repeat that the application is very useful !
Thank you for your nice help : you are very effective.
How do you put the topic in “solved state” ?
@Louis non-admins can’t, but I did it now