delay synchronisation after boot

• Hi
    Thanks for a great app.

I’m using Orbot and all traffic goes through the tor network. After booting the phone it takes up to (sometimes) two minutes to get the circuits working. During this time Davdroid (sorry DavX5, I still think of it as davdroid) recognizes internet access and tries to synchronize. But doesn’t get a connection because non-tor traffic is in general blocked by firewall.
    So after reboot I get a notification for the failure. In fact more than one because I use lots of task lists and several calendars in multiple accounts. This is a bit annoying but I don’t want to completely turn off notification messages.

It would be nice to have an option in settings to delay sync after boot for xx minutes to prevent those notifications.

Thanks for consideration.

• developer

Hi,

DAVx⁵ uses the Android sync framework, so it doesn’t start synchronization itself, but is called by Android when Android detects there is Internet.

However, those notifications should disappear automatically when the next sync is attempted. Is that true?

• @rfc2822
    Thanks for the fast reply. I was obviously too impatient to wait for the notification to disappear and just closed them. My apologies. I didn’t realize it was an android thing because my only other app with accounts to synchronize never complaint.
    So I learned something new.
    Thanks again.

edit: yes, the notification disappears

• developer

@tusch001 It’s not a perfect solution, but at least it’s working as intended. Thanks for the update!