DAVX5 Crashes during Calendar Sync

• @rfc2822

I see. Would be interesting what com.android.systemui.servicebox.pages.calendar.CalendarManager.loadTodayEvents is…

How do I know what it is? Is there something I can do to help figure out what it is?

• developer

@davxuser I only found https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help/s8-ui-stopped-triple-vibration-black-t3779065. I guess its some Samsung UI element (in the launcher etc.), but I don’t know which one and I also don’t know why it crashes on your device… As @devvv4ever said above, current DAVx⁵ versions work fine on another Galaxy S10 device and we didn’t get as many reports about that as we would have if this were a problem on all devices.

• @rfc2822 So if I’m reading this correctly, this issue will not get a resolution?

• developer

@davxuser I don’t know how and I don’t think it’s directly caused by DAVx5… so if you have an idea what I can do in this case, please let me know.

• Hello. I find this response very disappointing. I have the exact same problem on a Note 8. The exact same phenomenon. I also migrated from OpenSync because I did not want to use abandon-ware, and because I was impressed with the fact that DAVx is actually maintained.
    It took me a while to realize that the screen-freezes were caused by this application, and I was so relieved to see that the problem is not just mine but probably happens across quite many devices.
    I truly hope that you guys find the time to troubleshoot and fix this.

• developer

@hbarel said in DAVX5 Crashes during Calendar Sync:

I truly hope that you guys find the time to troubleshoot and fix this.

Do you have an idea how to do so? There are some reports about a thing that I have never seen myself, nor can I reproduce it, nor are there useful logs. If you have any idea how I can assist you in this, please let me know.

• @rfc2822 said in DAVX5 Crashes during Calendar Sync:

Do you have an idea how to do so? There are some reports about a thing that I have never seen myself, nor can I reproduce it, nor are there useful logs. If you have any idea how I can assist you in this, please let me know.

Well, I am not an Android programmer myself, so wouldn’t even know where to start. I did notice, however, that:

• It happens with one account I have (a Davmail account, not that I see why it matters), not with a second one
    • It also happens when there are no calendar widgets in use
    • It happens only after the account has not been synched in a while (i.e., 2~ hours); does not happen repeatedly.

I will carry out further experimentation.

• I think that crash comes from a corrupt Calendar storage. Try to wipe and reset it in the Android System apps – the app is called “Calendar Storage” or Kalenderspeicher in German. This will delete all calendars from your device. Then restart the device and try it again. Does that help?

• @devvv4ever Thanks for the tip! I did not try this yet, but since it happens with a calendar that comes from O365 through Davmail (i.e., a complex one), it might be the case. I found that merely reducing the number of past-days to sync from the default (90) to something smaller resolves the issue.

• @hbarel this behaviour tho would indicate that some erroneous events could cause this crash…