@rfc2822 Sorry for being unspecific and causing confusion. I’ll try to explain the issue.
I am using DAVx5 to sync my posteo.de calendar. My wife uses ICSx5 to view this calendar on her phone. When she retrieves the calendar data, events that are not marked as “all day events” come with wrong information:
- I create an event ( for example 2nd October, 10:15am to 12:15pm on my Android (Pie) phone using aCalendar+ (I tried with two additional calendar apps -> same result)
- DAVx5 syncs with posteo.de (i tried wit CalDAvSync -> same result)
- Event shown with correct details on my phone using DAVx5 account
- Calendar retrieved from posteo.de with ICSx5 on different phone (I tried wit iCalSync -> same result)
- Wrong event data: date 1st October, start 11pm, no end time
So the event is always shown a day early at 23pm. Similar behaviour to what hidde encountered.
Retrieving the shared calendar with Outlook or via feed within the Posteo web application works fine, so I can’t narrow the problem down to either one app or Posteo:
Calendar App: I tried several ones -> same result. Unlikely that all calendar apps cause the same issue.
DAVx5: I also tried CalDavSync -> same result. Outlook and Posteo web can handle data, so it’s unlikely DAVx5 causes the issue
ICSx5: I also tried iCalSync -> same result. So it’s unlikely ICSx5 causes the issue.
Posteo: Only shared calendars are affected when they are retrieved with some third party apps. Unlikely that Posteo causes the issue.
Android: Depending on time zone settings the issue can be avoided (see my second post above). Since some apps (e.g. Outlook) can handle the data correctly, i would rule out Android as root cause.
As you can see I cannot pin the root cause to any of the applications/providers involved.
So the questions are: do you maybe see a reason for this? Does DAVx5 handle the data correctly? Or could it be Posteo’s handling of time zones is not very fault-tolerant/flexible/robust?