Appointments are duplicated

• Hello,

I have following setup in place: Calengoo on Android - (local android calendar) - DAVx5 - Baikal CalDAV

New appointments created in Calengoo are duplicated in a special case:

• connect with DAVx5 to CalDAV server and name the account abc@xyz.com
    • add an appointment in Calengoo and invite abc@xyz.com to the appointment
    • force sync in DAVx5 for the calendar of the account "abc@xyz.com"
    • appointment is duplicated

You can change the name of the account in DAVx5 to something different: duplicates are gone
    Rename it back to abc@xyz.com and create new appointment with abc@xyz.com invited: duplicates are created
    Duplicates are not created for existing appointments, only new
    Creating an appointment in stock (LineageOS 16) calendar will lead to same behavior

Regards

• Thanks for the report. What is the actual use case of inviting yourself to your own appointment or event?

• There is actually none, I was testing external invites of Baikal.

• DAVx5 does only send an invite request to the server for the invited user. If the server understands the request and performs it it acts on its own (and sends an email to the invitee). In general we don’t have anything to do with invitations. We only synchronize what the server provides. If it puts an invite appointment to your account it will be synchronized regardless of the possible duplication. So I think its all normally working here. If you don’t think the server should create a second appointment you have to ask the team who develops the server software 🙂

• That is clear for me. The strange thing is that DAVx5 behavior is dependent on the name of CalDAV account (not calendar or user)

• developer

@greylisted Although I don’t really understand the problem: As stated in DAVx⁵, Android will use the account name as ORGANIZER when you create an event. This is probably the reason?

• @rfc2822 said in Appointments are duplicated:

@greylisted Although I don’t really understand the problem: As stated in DAVx⁵, Android will use the account name as ORGANIZER when you create an event. This is probably the reason?

OK, thank you