Working VTODO syncronisation based on dmfs task provider

Working VTODO syncronisation based on dmfs task provider

I suggest to process todos separately from events. If a VTODO collection is synchronized to a task provider, this task provider should provide sync fields (sync id etc) like the Android content providers.

Temporal relations are not necessarily causal relations.

it does provide sync_id and etag and all that stuff properly

also dirty marks etc, so it syncs ok when updating records or changing etags

Any updates on this?

since my pull request was ignored - this is purposed for my internal usage only

I didn't hope for such a kind of update. Please reopen, the maintainer might be just busy.

since my pull request was ignored - this is purposed for my internal usage only

Your pull request isn't being ignored, but we have limited time resources and we have set our priorities (see milestones😞

1. making a decision regarding the self-signed certificate "problem" (issue #3)
  2. implementing time-limited synchronization to avoid (in worst case) 10.000s of ETags that have to be transferred whenever something changes (issue #76)
  3. VTODO support

I'm very happy that people contribute and especially about the help with VTODO (thanks @khades), but I don't need new bugs (and task sync WILL cause endless issues to be created, just as every new feature) when critical old ones are still pending.

Temporal relations are not necessarily causal relations.

There are two options:

1. Keep VTODO support in feature branch until stable enough.
  2. Add option to completely turn it off and set default to off. This way no new bugs will be visible to users, only one checkbox with "turn me on if you want to suffer" note.

issue is already closed, pull request is off

Oh come on...

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.