[ICSdroir] Missing independent sync interval per individual calendar and also missing 30 mins interval

• Currently ICSdroid sets a sync interval global to all calendars. It happens that one might want some syncing rather frequently (15 mins, or 30 mins), while others every hour, and some even daily. This is not possible as of now.

Besides, the interval starts at 15 mins (if not manual), to 1 hour, missing the intermediate half an hour one. 30 mins still sound frequent enough when the regular meetings take half an hour…

• developer

@je-vv said in [ICSdroir] Missing independent sync interval per individual calendar and also missing 30 mins interval:

Currently ICSdroid sets a sync interval global to all calendars. It happens that one might want some syncing rather frequently (15 mins, or 30 mins), while others every hour, and some even daily. This is not possible as of now.

Indeed, see https://icsx5.bitfire.at/faq/#how-can-i-set-the-sync-interval-for-a-certain-subscription

Besides, the interval starts at 15 mins (if not manual), to 1 hour, missing the intermediate half an hour one. 30 mins still sound frequent enough when the regular meetings take half an hour…

Why not use 15 min in this case? Files are only downloaded when they have changed, so 15 or 30 min shouldn’t make much difference.

• Why not use 15 min in this case? Files are only downloaded when they have changed, so 15 or 30 min shouldn’t make much difference.

This is precisely what I’m currently doing, 🙂 Not that I wouldn’t preferred the proposed alternative, 🙂 Including having different intervals, but I see the opposite is documented.