Syncing with Max OS X 10.7.5

• When I create a contact on the phone and sync it to an owncloud account and from there to the Mac OS X Address Book everything is ok. The contact is shown in Address Book.

However, after editing it on the phone and syncing it again to owncloud and OS X the changes do not arrive in the Address Book of OS X. Sync from the phone to owncloud is ok. The change is visible there.

In OS X the console window shows the following 2 errors every time I try to force the sync (by relaunching Address Book):

23.11.13 14:30:47.028 Address Book: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] CardInfoFromVCardData(): Ignored vCard at /remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/sugus/contacts/26b2a00d-64ad-4a8b-8d38-cb92d4ae09f0.vcf because it is an unsupported vCard version: "BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:4.0
    UID:26b2a00d-64ad-4a8b-8d38-cb92d4ae09f0
    FN:Eusebius Waldvogel
    NICKNAME:Sebi
    N:Eusebius;Waldvogel
    EMAIL;TYPE=home:eusebius@waldvogel2.com
    TEL;TYPE=cell:+99 999 99 99
    REV:2013-11-23T13:26:54+00:00
    END:VCARD
    "

23.11.13 14:30:47.028 Address Book: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -_handleAddsOrModifies: could not parse vCard in /remote.php/carddav/addressbooks/sugus/contacts/

The interesting thing is: If I paste the above vCard text into a new text file and save it as whatever.vcf, then I can import it manually into Address Book. So it looks for me as if OS X is supporting vCards in 4.0 format.

Any ideas why the direct sync doesn't work?

Thanks for any feedback.

• developer

Probably only the contact editor supports VCard 4 and imports the VCard 4 .vcf into the address book. This is not related to what the DAV server understands which seems to support only VCard 3 (as required by the CardDAV RFC). For further info, please see issue #67.

• Thanks for the quick answer!

Not sure if I understand everything as you said it:

• "DAV server": Do you mean owncloud or the CardDAV-Plugin in OS X?

• If I understand the rest correctly then it could help to use a contact editor on the phone that does create a vCard in version 3.0 format. Correct?

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.