First implementation for VTODO

• We tested this with our app Mirakel[0], should also work with dmfs[1].
    see #34

[0]https://github.com/azapps/mirakel-android
    [1]https://github.com/dmfs/task-provider/

• admin

Thank you for the pull request! We'll have a look at it closely after we finished the most important issues/bugs and are ready to provide a beta/releace candidate of DavDroid. We need to fix bugs first, but we definitely would like to have tasks in DavDroid. However, I can't tell you any dates, since we're only have time to develop the app in our free time.

• developer

Thanks for your pull request. I will close it for now because VTODO support is planned for a later time (when more important thinks are done). Please see issue #34 for updates.

• This feature is holding many people off from switching from dmfs' software to Mirakel and DAVdroid. Please consider merging it even though it might not be completely polished. Could you also please enlist things that should be done first?

• Yes, it would be nice to merge it soon, it's an important feature to many people (cf #34), more than what is planned for 0.7, and the implementation is working, what is preventing you to merge ?

• developer

Yes, it would be nice to merge it soon, it's an important feature to many people (cf #34), more than what is planned for 0.7,

My personal calendar grows and grows, and one day it will be too large. There are also other people with problems syncing large collections. Restricting the time range will solve many of these issues; also it's just a waste of time and bandwidth to sync (the metadata of) 5 year old events at every sync process.

and the implementation is working, what is preventing you to merge ?

The time for

• trying it out,
    • checking and auditing it,
    • porting it to code changes since 0.5.2,
    • making tests,

OT: I'm happy that we have released 0.6 now, which contains support for redirections and well-known URLs (and thus greatly improving usability for many services, including OwnCloud and iCloud). It was much work, I hope you like it. Other features will follow – there's no need to force us. In the meanwhile, just use the modified code and maybe even merge our changes into it.

• trying it out

peope did that

checking and auditing it

fair enough

porting it to code changes since 0.5.2
    making tests

You can request the author or others to do that, assuming they haven't given up on merging this

• porting it to code changes since 0.5.2,

All changes till 0.5.13 are already merged into the fork.

We are working currently on a full implemention of dmfs taskprovider in mirakel. So the next merge will need some time.

• I'm feeling impatient, but thank you everyone who is working on making this happen, either in DavDroid, or my beloved Mirakel. I just look forward to the day when I can actually accept the updrage suggestions in Fdroid for DavDroid again, knowing that they won't break my Mirakel / ownCloud syncing...

• What is the status of this issue?

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.