Contact birthdays without year of birth in calendar

• Re: Birthdays without year

Are there any updates on the synchronization of contact birthday without year?
    I added a couple of birthdays in my contacts with my Samsung smartphone (with and without year of birth). Those have been synchronized with my nextcloud server and are also showing up there.
    I just recognized, that no of my birthday entries, without year of birth, are displayed in any calendar on my Samsung device. When I add a year of birth in the contacts and synchronize it is showing up in the nextcloud server and Samsung calendar after synchronization. After deleting the year of birth it again disapears in the Samsung calendar.

It would be great to also have those entries in my Samsung device, as it seems to be some synchronization available.

• developer

@mkriegl said in No synchronization on contact birthdays without year of birth:

Are there any updates on the synchronization of contact birthday without year?

Synchronizing contacts with birthdays without year is supported and working. According to your report, the problems is not the synchronization of those contacts, but displaying those birthdays in the calendar, which is not DAVx⁵’s tasks.

I added a couple of birthdays in my contacts with my Samsung smartphone (with and without year of birth). Those have been synchronized with my nextcloud server and are also showing up there.
    I just recognized, that no of my birthday entries, without year of birth, are displayed in any calendar on my Samsung device. When I add a year of birth in the contacts and synchronize it is showing up in the nextcloud server and Samsung calendar after synchronization. After deleting the year of birth it again disapears in the Samsung calendar.

It would be great to also have those entries in my Samsung device, as it seems to be some synchronization available.

DAVx⁵ only synchronizes contacts. It does not generate birthday calendars. This must be done by third-party apps like Samsung apps or the apps mentioned here: https://www.davx5.com/faq/contact-birthdays-in-calendars

Please contact the vendors of those apps directly, because it’s not related to DAVx⁵. You may try other apps from the list.

Does that help?

• Good to know. I was already wandering. I was using aCalendar, not aCalendar+. In the free version it is not provided.
    Thanks for the quick feedback … Max