DAVx5 is duplicating calendar entries

• what your actual problem is - Calendar entries are duplicating
    • STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM (if we can’t reproduce a problem, - Simply create a calendar entry in any of the calendar apps (Simple Calendar or DigiCal). Waited about 1 or 2 hours and they duplicated themselves
      it’s hard for us to say something about it)
    • debug info (DAVx⁵ / Settings / Debug info / Send) - Sent over email
    • which service / server software and version - DAVx5 v.2.3-gplay (272) & Nextcloud 15 running on Debian
    • why you think this is a DAVx⁵ problem and what you already have
      tried to solve it (e.g. Android settings) - Initially I thought it was the calendar app, ditched simple calendar entirely for DigiApp and issue still persisted. The nature of the issue cannot be resolved in Android settings
    • whether you have already asked your server/service support and what
      they have said - I support my own server and iOS users don’t have this issue as they are native with CalDAV, however the use of your app have shown issues. It had also deleted calendar entries but unfortunately those logs are not available to me. Please assist, I paid for this app hoping it would work fine.

Thanks for your support

• developer

Hello,

I can’t reproduce the problem. I’m using DAVx⁵ + Nextcloud 15 every day and I dont have these problems, nor are there other reports about such problems at the moment.

Please provide exact steps to reproduce so that I can have a look. Without being able to reproduce a problem, I can’t say anything about it. Also, please provide Web server and CalDAV/CardDAV server logs taken while the problem occurs, DAVx⁵ debug info (DAVx⁵ / Settings / Debug info) and verbose DAVx⁵ logs etc as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What’s required to diagnose a problem.

Thanks!

• @briangal Maybe your calendar storage on Android is corrupt. Try to reset/wipe it (Android settings / Apps / System apps / Calendar storage → Wipe data and cache). Be aware that all local calendars will then be deleted, also ones not synced by DAVx⁵. Most of these issues like wrong displays are based in the Android system itself.

If it still persists, you could also try to log the process in DAVx5 from within the DAVx⁵ app settings. Create the account, sync the calendar once. Start the extended logging, wait until the entries are duplicated and stop the logs. Then post them here and we could take a look at it.

• @devvv4ever Thanks a lot for the suggestion mate, I have gone ahead and instructed my customer to follow those steps after I was informed today that the issue persists. We were able to clear data and cache from the Calendar Storage App. I will report my findings in the next days. In case the issue persists, I will send you guys the logs again. (I did send a first set of logs via email already which were captured, nonetheless I will obtain fresh logs if issue persist)

Highly appreciate the troubleshooting efforts, regards.

• @devvv4ever mate, I am glad to report that your troubleshooting suggestion did work as expected. It has been 6 days since we followed your suggestion and so far so good. Looks like that did the trick. Just to recap for anyone experiencing calendar entries duplication or deletion on Android, this is what did the trick for us:

Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info - CLICK ON THE 3 DOTS (Upper right corner) > Show System > Calendar Storage > Storage > “Clear Data” & “Clear Cache”

Thanks again for a great troubleshooting

• @briangal great that it did the trick 🙂