Failed sync = empty contacts?

• Hello.
    I use DavX as my main address book . But i’m having serious problems: it’s getting emptyed every time when a sync fails. Sometimes DNS not resolves the first try, bad cell tower coverage, server is down - failed sync, and empty contact list.
    Wouldn’t it be good to have some sort of buffer, and when it does the sync, perform a checksum check to ensure contacs were downloaded before deleting existing ones?

• developer

@poiNt3D said in Failed sync = empty contacts:

Hello.
    I use DavX as my main address book . But i’m having serious problems: it’s getting emptyed every time when a sync fails.

This should not happen. There must be some severe problem.

Sometimes DNS not resolves the first try, bad cell tower coverage, server is down - failed sync, and empty contact list.
    Wouldn’t it be good to have some sort of buffer, and when it does the sync, perform a checksum check to ensure contacs were downloaded before deleting existing ones?

DAVx⁵ will only delete local contacts after receiving a full list of remote contacts, and when contacts have been deleted there.

DAVx⁵ won’t delete contacts on failed syncs.

Please provide steps to reproduce, Web server and CalDAV/CardDAV server logs taken while the problem occurs, DAVdroid debug info (DAVdroid / Settings / Debug info) and verbose DAVdroid logs etc as described in [READ BEFORE POSTING] What’s required to diagnose a problem.

• Sorry for disturbance. I have flashed LineageOS port today and the problem seems to be gone.

• developer

@poiNt3D Thanks for the update!