notifications on older android releases not playing any sounds

• Hi,

I’m having an older Samsung J5 Smartphone running Android 6.0 and TouchWiz.

It seems notifications are not working properly on that device.
    If I understand the code correctly, certain events like enabling debug logging, should trigger a sound and a popup notification.
    I don’t get any sound and no popup notification, simply a small icon in the task bar.

Other applications, like my mail program, have no problem playing a sound.

Is this a bug in davx5?

• developer

@mbiebl said in notifications on older android releases not playing any sounds:

If I understand the code correctly, certain events like enabling debug logging, should trigger a sound and a popup notification.

No, sound has never been set explicitly for any notification.

I don’t get any sound and no popup notification, simply a small icon in the task bar.
    Other applications, like my mail program, have no problem playing a sound.

Is this a bug in davx5?

No. I have never add sound to notifications because I consider it as not useful for the notifications of DAVx⁵ (it’s not a messenger or something like that which needs to attract attention from a user who currently doesn’t look at the display).

However, on Android 8+, notification channels are used with their default settings, and some notifications make sound there with Android default settings (users can change it).

• Thanks for the clarification @rfc2822 , very much appreciated

Guess I was fooled by the “Make sound and pop on screen” in the notification settings that I get on devices with newer Android versions.