Thanks for your reply.
In fact, since a couple of months I moved to Caldav sync even on my business calendars because of the issue known with Google calendar sync I mentioned and that sadly seems hard to recognise and fix by Google despite hundreds of reports since November.
Outlook Caldav Synchronizer for desktop works perfectly to keep the sync between my server, outlook and even google account which is configured in one way sync only, server -> outlook.
Android Caldav currently is in fact too much limited in options compared to the Outlook Caldav Synchronizer
- I needed the Android --> google one way sync, but your app doesn’t support the new OAuth 2.0 neither the local to server only sync. The alternative commercial Android app and the open source Outlook Caldav Synchronizer do both support OAuth 2.0
- export/import accounts config is helpful when you have many accounts set up and you change phone or use 2 or three devices
- Synker won’t help because when triggering sync from Android Settings / Accounts, even if it shows that Caldav did sync, it won’t in fact. On my 3 devices, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Note 4 and Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android stock this is true. I have to go into Caldav and start manual sync from the app. With many accounts, this is a bit cumbersome.
- logging could be optional at least when someone is testing if everything goes fine (number of items modified, deleted…), but I could live without it
- sync on local events change: I could live with it if manual sync from app would have been quicker for many accounts instead of having to go through each account
Hope you don’t take it wrong. I could buy the alternative commercial app. I just wanted to give my feedback here before doing so. I used your app since a few years and I do trust it as it never failed me. For one account it was fine. For +5 accounts and a complex sync scheme
( Google <-- Android <–> Server), it is limiting. So yes, maybe my needs cannot be filled with an app targeting only users with simple needs.
I am still reluctant to change, not because of paying, but only because I can’t afford right now the time to set up everything again and go through a long test period to ensure the new app is as reliable as yours. Losing data and events being not an option in my case.
Anyway, I hope you make your mind on these suggestions. Thanks for your great work and best regards