Should be fixed with 2.5
Android 8.0: no CardDAV/CalDAV service found
@immiperium What happens when you use https://spica.t-online.de/ as the Base URL, instead of https://spica.t-online.de/spica-calendar/caldav/principals/ like in the logs?
Seems to be a really strange case. It works here, also with 22.214.171.124-gplay. But I see from your logs that it’s not being detected with the same login data and the same version…
- Do you have any other devices to test?
- Did you get DAVx⁵ from Google Play? Did you install a previous version and then update to 126.96.36.199 or was it your first install?
- Did you recently update to Android 8? Was Android 8 the first Android version of your device?
Can you please:
- enable verbose logging in DAVx⁵
- kill DAVx⁵ from your task manager
- start DAVx⁵ and add the account again (which will fail)
- send the logs to email@example.com
- disable vebose logging again
enable verbose logging
Okay - I don’t really understand “verbose logging” -
where do I find this?
Maybe re-installing DAVx⁵ would really help. There are some strange Android 8 cache problems, maybe it’s a similar problem here. If re-installing DAVx⁵ would solve the problem, I guess it wouldn’t be worth it to dig further into the problem…
All right, I will first try to reinstall davdroid… keep you posted
Yeaah! Fireworks! Fanfares! … and a third word with F…
I am happy.
Thank you so much for your patience.
Just a simple reinstall - sometimes I wonder, why I always forget this solution… we all live still in an analog image of the world…
Well have a nice day and thanks again
best wishes from Cologne
@immiperium Thanks for the update. So it probably was this strange cache thing that only happens with Android 8.0.0 and can never be reproduced… hopefully this problem will disappear over time.
Just one thing: Did you install DAVx⁵ fresh on Android 8 or did you install it on 7.x and then update to 8.x? Were there any Android updates on your phone since you used the phone the first time?
I bought this phone last autumn and it was delivered with android 8.0.
So DAVx⁵ was installed on android 8.0 - no updates.
@immiperium I see… very strange. Thanks nevertheless.