Revert manually removed davx5 account

• Hey!
    Here it says, …
    “Do not create, modify or delete DAVx⁵ address book accounts directly.”
    Unfortunately I did that. After reinstalling DAVx⁵, my Android Oreo doesn’t allow me to setup any new account with DAVx⁵. It says something like “Can’t create contact / Konto konnte nicht angelegt werden”.
    Any ideas?

• developer

@jan-kegs If you uninstall DAVx⁵ and then install it again, there should be no problems.

Theoretically, deleting an address book account shouldn’t do any harm (it’s no good idea nevertheless), so I think there may be another problem.

“Konto konnte nicht angelegt werden” normally appears when you try to create an account with a name that is already used. Is this the case?

• @rfc2822 said in Revert manually removed davx5 account:

If you uninstall DAVx⁵ and then install it again, there should be no problems.

No, I already tried that with no effect. Downgrading neither.

“Konto konnte nicht angelegt werden” normally appears when you try to create an account with a name that is already used. Is this the case?

No, there is no davx5 account at all.

I did intenionally delete one (of the two) davx5 accounts on via Android settings, because i thought it’s wrong to have 2. After removing it, onlye my contacts were gone. After that, i removed the complete account via davx5 app.
    Since then, I can not setup ANY new account with davx5. 😞

• developer

@jan-kegs It should work when you completely uninstall DAVx⁵ before installing it again, because that would remove all traces of it, including accounts, files etc. If you can’t create the account although you have previously uninstalled DAVx⁵, there must be some kind of system error. So, does it work to:

1. Completely uninstall DAVx⁵
    2. Reboot your system
    3. Install DAVx⁵ and set up your account? (You have only one account, do you?)

• @rfc2822 said in Revert manually removed davx5 account:

there must be some kind of system error. So, does it work to:

Completely uninstall DAVx⁵
    Reboot your system
    Install DAVx⁵ and set up your account? (You have only one account, do

Hey @rfc2822, thanks for your reply.
    Yes it looks like a kind of system error.

1. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall (incl. reboot)
    2. No new setup is possible. Not even with a new extern DAV-Provider (e.g. Mailbox.org). I had only one account running.

Last try would be a complete wipe. 😕

• developer

@jan-kegs Does it work to add other accounts, like an email account? How does your System / Accounts look like, can you post a screenshot?

• Nothing helped, so I went back to LOS14, and everything is fine. Thanks for your help. Still a great app!

• I have the same problem and no possibility to downgrade the OS of my phone. Is there any possibility to get it running again?

• developer

@jochp So you can’t create a new DAVx⁵ account anymore? Are there any DAVx⁵ accounts or DAVx⁵ Adress book accounts in Android settings / Accounts?

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the problem, so that I can have a look?

• @rfc2822 Thanks for the fast answer! What’s up here: Gave the locked phone to my 1.5 year old son yesterday and about 30 seconds later (i really would like to know how) i got it back rebooting. After that some apps (e.g. contacts, calender, davx5) totally lost their preferences and data. I got everything up and running again except davx5.

Current status ist:
    No calendars or addressbooks at all in Android.
    No accounts in davx5.
    After defining the account’s link and credentials (that works) I press “Konto anlegen” / “Create Account” and only the error message above “Konto konnte nicht angelegt werden” appears…

Edit: to specify: Same behavior after re-installing, re-booting etc.

• developer

@jochp And uninstall DAVx⁵, then rebooting, then installing DAVx⁵ does not help?

• @rfc2822 yes, does not help, no changes in behavior

• developer

@jochp Very strange. I can try it with Lineage in the next days. However, this seems to be a system problem, because if you uninstall an app, everything should be removed. So in thery, it shouldn’t even be possible that an account or whatever survives uninstalling and the re-installing an app…

• ok, whole Nextcloud-App showing strange behavior as well. Stopping here the trouble shooting and setting up the whole phone from scratch…

• and works after phone is resetted… sad, but necessary 😞

• Sadly Lineage doesn’t have enough testing power to check all the Android stuff in detail. so sometimes these kind of bugs come to stables releases, too 😕

• developer

Couldn’t reproduce that. 😕

@jochp @Ein-ehemaliger-Benutzer If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem, I can have a look. (But I think it’s not related to DAVx⁵)