DAVx⁵ 2.10: 405 Method Not Allowed

• Hi Bitfire,

Thanks for the oustanding DAVx⁵ app, which served perfectly until the latest update to 2.10. Up until 2.07(-ose), synchronisation, service discovery etc. worked like a charm, upgrading to 2.10 broke synchronisation completely, always terminating with “405 Method Not Allowed”.

Server software: OpenXchange 7.84-Rev44. The server software did not during the time I upgraded DAVx⁵ from 2.07-ose to 2.10-ose.

What works:

• Install 2.07-ose on another device (Android 8.1)
    • Set up account and finish process
    • Calendars and address books synchronize without error

What does not work:

• Upgrade from 2.07-ose to 2.10-ose
    • Synchronize calendars
    • Terminates with error “405 Method Not Allowed”

What does not work, either:

• Install 2.10-ose fresh
    • Set up account
    • Set up terminates with error that the server seems to be no CalDAV server

I attached debug information regarding this error. You will see I have two accounts in my setup (ACCOUNT-1 and ACCOUNT-2), where ACCOUNT-1 fails in to sync in 2.10-ose. ACCOUNT-2 is running on another system and syncs smoothless.

Just to emphasize: ACCOUNT-1 synced smoothless until and including 2.07-ose, sync broke with update to 2.10-ose, no changes to the server.

Hope you can fix the issue soon! If there is anything I can help with, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Schiri

• developer

Does your server use the HTTP User-Agent to switch behavior? DAVx⁵ now sends “DAVx5/…” instead of “DAVdroid/…”

• I’ll check and reply.

• Yep, looks like. I trialled the server with Lightning:

HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.3.3 Lightning/6.2.3.3

Result: HTTP/1.1 207 CUSTOM
    i.e., sync works

HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.3.3 möööööööööööööööp

Result: HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

• developer

@schiri 😕 Can you fix this on server-side?

• @rfc2822 I’m sorry, I can’t.

But my fantatstic admin was able to! 👏 ☺

All is back to normal now, thanks for assistance.