• @rfc2822 said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

Note that “B” in the screenshot was first covered by a thick colored bar (like in your screenshot), but I somehow managed to get it away.

That is the calendar Title/separator; it is supposed to be there and useful when you have multiple calendars.

What I noticed is that I do not have the drag handles (=) to move the tasks around. I think there are some issues with my installation of aCalendar+. (I uninstalled and reinstalled without change in presentation.)

Did you try with -beta2 (but it shouldn’t make a difference)?

Not available to me yet, apparently.

When you edit a subtask, is the parent task shown correctly?

Yes, for ‘B.B.A.A’ I get “B > B.A > B.B.A” beneath it. (Nicely done, BTW, @Matthias-Laabs .)

Do you have root access to your phone? Then you could read the content provider data directly.

Yes, I can activate root access, but actually I currently think the problem lies with my aCalendar+ install. For example, I have no clue why I don’t have drag handles. I have a gut feeling this may be connected to this ordering problem. I should try on another device with a different Android version (tablet with vendor Android instead of LineageOS). Perhaps tomorrow evening…

• @equaeghe said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

[…] I currently think the problem lies with my aCalendar+ install. For example, I have no clue why I don’t have drag handles. I have a gut feeling this may be connected to this ordering problem. […]

OK, found something: If I only look at one task list (one calendar collection), the ordering tree is as it should be and I have drag handles. If I select the account, I get all collections combined. There there are no drag handles and the ordering is messed up.

@rfc2822 Can you check by making a second collection in the same account, adding some tasks there, and then looking at the combined view?

• admin

@equaeghe Hi! We’ve found an additional problem and corrected it. This might have caused some inconsistency. Please wait for 2.6.1-beta4 which we will release soon!

• @devvv4ever said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

@equaeghe Hi! We’ve found an additional problem and corrected it. This might have caused some inconsistency. Please wait for 2.6.1-beta4 which we will release soon!

I’ve got beta3 now and after the unselect, sync, select, sync dance, I do not get any improved tree structure in the account view. I still think this may be an aCalendar+ issue.

What I did realize, however, is that aCalTasks+ allows one to reorder the tasks. So the order at the same level of the tree is probably stored somewhere, but AFAIK there is no way to provide an explicit order that can be expressed in the iCalendar format. That may be relevant.

• developer

@equaeghe said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

I’ve got beta3 now and after the unselect, sync, select, sync dance, I do not get any improved tree structure in the account view. I still think this may be an aCalendar+ issue.

Beta3 had still a certain problem. Beta4 should fix this. But maybe the tasks are corrupt… the relations would have to be defined again.

Works here with aCalendar, and even some desktop programs like Gnome Tasks.

• @rfc2822 said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

@equaeghe said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

Beta3 had still a certain problem. Beta4 should fix this.

I’ve got beta4 now. After unselecting the collections, syncing, checking aCalTasks lists no tasks, reselecting, syncing, I still get exactly the same, incorrect task tree in the account view.

But maybe the tasks are corrupt… the relations would have to be defined again.

This would be strange, as it works in Zanshin and KOrganizer.

Works here with aCalendar, and even some desktop programs like Gnome Tasks.

I do not doubt that it works in Gnome Tasks (as it does in KOrganizer), but I am really skeptical that it really works in aCalendar. Did you try in the ‘whole account’ view of the tasks (so not just a single collection); you should get a view without drag handles. Perhaps you need to add a second collection to the account to get a good test case.

• developer

@equaeghe You’re right, I can reproduce that with two task lists: Viewing the tasks list separately in aCalendar+ works fine, but in the combined view, the task hierarchy is wrong.

A look into the tasks database had shown that parent_id is set correctly for the questionable tasks.

@Matthias-Laabs Combined with the fact that it works in aCalendar+'s single task list view, I guess there is a problem in the combined tasks view of aCalendar+. Can you imagine a reason?

• This seems to be an aCalendar bug. Honestly, I personally never use the combined account view (or if, it would only make sense for me in chronological sort mode). I am currently rewriting the Google Tasks sync, but doing so, there is also some refactoring of the general code and UI code for tasks, so hopefully, this is already fixed in the upcoming version 2.3 (as I cannot reproduce the problem with it).

• @Matthias-Laabs said in Does DavDroid preserve RELATED-TO?:

This seems to be an aCalendar bug. Honestly, I personally never use the combined account view […].

Note that this bug can also manifest itself when looking at tasks in aCalendar+, so it is not just about the combined account view:

Screenshot_20191114-215131_aCalendar+.png

I am currently rewriting the Google Tasks sync, but doing so, there is also some refactoring of the general code and UI code for tasks, so hopefully, this is already fixed in the upcoming version 2.3 (as I cannot reproduce the problem with it).

That sounds promising. I’ll test again once I get 2.3.

• developer

OK, so I’ll release that with 2.6.1.