Should now work with DAVx⁵ 2.5.4 (which is currently available for beta testers).
DAVdroid doesn't keep sync interval settings
I’ve been using DAVdroid to sync Contacts and my Calenders with nextcloud client. The sync works fine.
The problem is that it doesn’t do it automatically. In settings i choose to sync once a day and immediately when local changes occur. Then the sync starts. But when i go back to the settings it’s back to “only manualy” again.
Any ideas why it wouldn’t keep my settings?
Greetings from Munich
Sounds like some battery saving “feature”. Did you check https://www.davdroid.com/faq/synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected/?
thanks for the help. I found the solution it seems. It wasn’t part of the website you linked to though.
I checked the things the website proposed and i checked for battery saving and that stuff.
But what actually did the trick was to go into the account-settings on android and enable the DAVdroid sync there. That was somehow disabled.
So thanks for the advice to check the settings of the OS!
Keep up the good work!!
actually it keeps turning off the synchronisation in the settings after some time.
I will try to figure out at what moment the setting changes. I turned off the energy savings mode already with no success.
Any ideas on what could change the settings besides energy management?
@randomusername Unfortunately, I don’t have an idea… if you find anything relevant, please let us know.
I have the same problem. This used to work fine at some point. I have a Nokia 7.1 with 8.1 Oreo. When I configure DAVdroid and then leave my phone alone for just a few minutes, synchronisation is disabled (both in the Android setttings and in DAVdroid). It seems that this problem is not exclusive to DAVdroid.
I think I may have found the solution while typing this message: There is a background activity manager in Android, you need to explicitly allow background activity for DAVdroid there (Settings->Battery->Background activity manager - sorry if the names are not correct, this is a reverse translation from my German Android UI to English).