With NextCloud 14 supporting accepting the meeting invitations via web interface, this important functionality is finally here.
I have an issue with synchronized meetings on Android as participants who accept an invitation show up double - once as still pending and once as confirmed.
I could probably provide more information however I’m hoping you could try this simple scenario and confirm whether the issue is with synchronization. I tried two different calendar apps and they both show exactly the same results in terms of participants so I reckon it’s the data issue.
Thanks for the great synchronizer, btw!
Hi, thanks for the quick response. These would be the simple steps to reproduce:
- create a meeting in Next Cloud Calendar;
- invite Attendee by entering email address;
- log in to invited email account and click Accept in the invitation email, wait to get the confirmation page;
- (do the above with any number of participants)
- as the organizer, synchronize the calendar to an Android device using DAVdroid,
- one invited user shows as confirmed
- the invited user is listed twice in the list of Attendees, once as pending/invited and the second time as confirmed
Hope this helps.
So, obviously the server is NextCloud 14, and the sync is the latest version of DAVdroid available in Play Store.
I’ve used aCalendar+ and Business Calendar2 calendar apps on Android.
@cick0 Thanks for the instructions. When doing so, the event from Nextcloud 14.0.1 contains:
SUMMARY:Test Event ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;RSVP=TRUE;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;CUTYPE=INDIVI DUAL;SCHEDULE-STATUS=1.1:MAILTO:firstname.lastname@example.org ATTENDEE;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:mailto:email@example.com ORGANIZER;CN=XXXXX:MAILTO:firstname.lastname@example.org
As you can see, it lists the same attendee (
email@example.com) twice (one time with status “needs action”, and one time with status “accepted”), and this is what DAVdroid synchronizes.
I don’t think DAVdroid should eliminate duplicates sent by the server… guess this is rather a server thing? At least in RFC 6638 there are no duplicate
Can you please report this to Nextcloud and provide this thread as reference?
The issue has been fixed in Calendar v1.6.3