Calendars disappear after Max Power Saving mode is used.

• After I use the maximum power saving mode on my phone my synced calendar disappears - even the record of it in the app is gone. Could 5his please be fixed? It gets annoying having to re-sync the calendars every time I finish using this feature.

• developer

@error101 Sounds like a problem of "Max Power Saving mode". ICSdroid can't fix this. Did you already contact your vendor about that? Is it Samsung?

• @rfc2822 I've looked into the issue again and found that the issue only occurs when the phone is switched off when it's in "Max Power Saving mode". Due to this can't see how it's a problem of the mode because it's the app that loses all of its' data. The fact that the calendar doesn't sync in the mode is expected - the problem is that when I end the mode the app seems to reset and doesn't even remember I had a subscription to a calendar in the first place.

And yes it's a Samsung

• developer

@error101 Seems like the system removes the whole ICSdroid account (with all its calendars). If you have an idea what ICSdroid can do against this, please let me know.

• @rfc2822 I checked the settings and the ICSDriod is still listed in the accounts section. The sync was disabled (I expected this because when you open the app for the first time after turning it off and disabling the mode it says something like "auto sync disabled") but turning it on doesn't help probably because the app thinks it doesn't have any subscriptions.

Perhaps if you had an android phone you could try to emulate my issue so we can see if it really is an issue with the Samsung feature?

• developer

@error101 What do you mean with Android phone? I'm using ICSdroid permanently, and I'm testing it in the emulator often. If you can provide steps to reproduce the problem, I can try it.

• @rfc2822 An emulator probably won't work as the problem here seems to be with the way the app or system deals with coming out of whatever "power saving mode" the phone offers. As emulators - to my knowledge - only really show how the app itself functions under normal conditions, I don't think they are applicable in this scenario (if I'm wrong just say)

To create the issue on my phone I do the following:

• sync to my calendar source
    • Set sync to less than a day (not sure if this effects things)
    • Turn on "Max" power saving mode (or ultra. Whatever limits your phone the most. Should limit the number and type of apps you can use)

Note: if you look at the calendar at this moment all entries will be there and if you exit the mode now the app will continue to work as normal

• Shut down / restart phone
    • Disable the mode

The calendar should lose entries and ICSDroid loses the subscription

• developer

@error101 said in Calendars disappear after Max Power Saving mode is used.:

@rfc2822 An emulator probably won't work as the problem here seems to be with the way the app or system deals with coming out of whatever "power saving mode" the phone offers. As emulators - to my knowledge - only really show how the app itself functions under normal conditions, I don't think they are applicable in this scenario (if I'm wrong just say)

Emulators emulate a whole system. Things like energy saving modes work exactly like on a real device, but the image is usually only a plain Android image without vendor-specific "enhancements". Max power saving mode is such a "feature", introduced by Samsung and of course not documented, as far as I know. Nobody knows what these Samsung power saving modes really do.

To create the issue on my phone I do the following:

• sync to my calendar source
    • Set sync to less than a day (not sure if this effects things)
    • Turn on "Max" power saving mode (or ultra. Whatever limits your phone the most. Should limit the number and type of apps you can use)

We'll need a Samsung device for that. We have a Samsung S6 Edge, I can test there. However, as far as I know, ICSdroid is not affected by Samsung "power saving modes", but we'll have a look.

Note: if you look at the calendar at this moment all entries will be there and if you exit the mode now the app will continue to work as normal

• Shut down / restart phone
    • Disable the mode

The calendar should lose entries and ICSDroid loses the subscription

@devvv4ever Can you try that?

• Thanks. I'll also do some tests on some of my family's phones. I know that they have a similar mode available, despite not being Samsung.

• Just tried it on my Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7 and I can confirm that the calendar entries disappear after using MAX POWER SAVING mode from Samsung. But only if I restart the device after the mode is activated. If I switch back from this mode without a reboot only the sync interval is set to manual (which is an already known bug from Samsung and can't be fixed by us). But at least the calendars are then still there.

@Error101 you need to contact Samsung about it. It seems to be a common issue with their MAX power saving mode - people are affected in different ways by this