Many thanks for your reply! I tested that and I found that I actually couldn’t access it (no IP address) from my Android browser which is strange because anywhere else (home PC, Laptop, PC at work, Thunderbird…) I’ve always had access.
So I looked up the NAS’s IP address on my modem and when I use the IP itself in DAVx5 it worked!! So I assume this has something to do with static/dynamic IP addresses, what do you think? I assumed my NAS has a static address because I can always login with the same address (monolith:5000) but I guess I was just lucky that when I updated it, it received the same address after restart. I bought it half a year ago…
So long story short, I’ll have to make sure that this address is static and it will keep on working/synchronizing or do you think the problem lies somewhere else?
Your help is highly appreciated, thanks again!
Synchronization doesn't start
I just recognized that my contacts and calendars aren’t synchronize since January this year.
- I didn’t get any errors.
- When I start the synchronization manually I get the message “Synchronizing now” but from the server logs I see that there was no connection (not even a failed one) and of course no data is synchronized.
- I have checked the logs from DAVdroid but couldn’t see any error.
- To set up the account again, doesn’t help.
- When I click “Refresh address book list” the connection to the server is established as expected (without authentication error).
I’m using the following software:
- Nextcloud @ 13.0.6
- DAVdroid @ 2.0.4-ose (from F-Droid)
- Lineage-OS @ 14.1 (on Samsung S4 mini)
Do you have any ideas what might be the problems?
Or do you need further information?
I highly appreciate any help.
- Did you disable Privacy Guard for DAVdroid?
- Is there an “auto-start”, “run in background” etc. permission in Android settings / Apps / DAVdroid / Permissions?